BA Exec Club Log In

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Travellator
    Participant

Why do I now need to prove I am not a Robot when logging in and completing a CAPTCHA e.g stating how many shop fronts there are or how many bowls of soup in the pictures ?

Cheeryguy
    Participant

I would imagine it’s to protect you from phishing and hackers.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I asked a similar question at an airport bar just now..

Me – glass of Pinot Noir

Barman – ID please

Me – you serious

Barman – no ID no drink

Me – I feel flattered

(Barman took my passport, opened the front cover, closed it and said thank you)

BA744fan
    Participant

Driving me mad too. Isn’t Membership No. & password sufficient? Also, why do I keep being asked for my On Business login? I don’t have one. ARGH!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Why do I now need to prove I am not a Robot when logging in and completing a CAPTCHA e.g stating how many shop fronts there are or how many bowls of soup in the pictures ?

Maybe because only a robot would choose to fly BA, when other more appealing options are available? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Well I don’t know about the BA site, but for this site the reason people need to keep signing back in (ie: it doesn’t just recognise you from your cookie and keep you signed in) is because of the need for increased security on all sites).

As a user it’s tempting to think of it as overkill (same as security at airports whenever there’s been a long period without a terrorist attack), but unfortunately every site – including our own, is under constant test from hackers, bots and spam software. BA’s presumably is a much greater target.

It’s sad, but it’s the world we live in. Just have to try and find the balance between security and making it impossible for people to post.

4 users thanked author for this post.

StephenLondon
    Participant

[quote quote=712604]I would imagine itโ€™s to protect you from phishing and hackers.

[/quote]

Indeed. Apparently there has been quite a bit of online fraud using Avios largely for travel on domestic Russian itineraries via S7 airlines. The first people were aware of it was when they logged in to make redemptions for themselves and noticed 80K miles missing from their accounts, for a redemption they did not make.

Apparently, for domestic Russian redemptions, you now need to phone BAEC, you cannot complete these online.

TiredOldHack
    Participant

It wouldn’t be the first time. I remember a Nigerian scam gang was using hooky Air Miles (as then was) to fly around, and that was back in 2004.

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

I think it works – when you come back are you still logged in?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls