BA: Exec Club European Member Promo

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

Just being communicated by email now; check your spam filters if necessary:

http://bit.ly/dp9Xo6

– for full details and immediate registration.

Over the next few months you can get some extra benefits when you fly in our premium cabins. Not only can you enjoy the latest comforts, convenience and affordability, you can also earn reward flights and Executive Club Silver membership, by registering for our superb spring promotion.

There appear to be different promotions depending on your (non-UK) country of residence/Executive Club membership, and registration is required.

Only flights booked after registration will qualify for the enhanced rewards, so do ensure that you register as soon as possible, especially if your bookings are made by a third party and they might be in the process of making reservations for you now!

Presumably, then, this will be a precursor to some UK promotional activity, though I think it’s anyone’s guess at the moment what that might be….

Potakas
    Participant

Thank You, Mr P

Your registration has been unsuccessful, unfortunately you are not eligible for this offer. 🙁
    I am registered to Greece which is eligible, do you think i should call them?

continentalclub
    Participant

Absolutely – Greece is listed next to the third registration button down the page, so I can’t see why your registration shouldn’t have been successful.

Were you already logged-in when you registered? I wonder if that might make a difference – as I assume that that would change your country (as shown at the top right of a ba.com page).

David
    Participant

Potakas,

The same happened to me when I tried to register earlier today (I found the promo while on the BA website). This evening I tried again (prompted by the Executive Club email) and it worked.

I can only guess BA’s marketing team may have beaten BA’s IT team to the promo’s ‘start’ deadline.

Potakas
    Participant

Continental i tried both ways.. logged in and not, i cannot find this offer from BA’s Greek site , i found it on other European such France’s, i hope that they haven’t started yet for Greece or as always my country stays behind… :S
    Do you think that maybe i have problem because i changed my residence before 2 weeks? I had UK before. Also i hadn’t receive the email yet.

continentalclub
    Participant

Well, it is indeed possible that the issue on your account Potakas is the recent move. The promotion is definitely showing on the Greek site however:

http://bit.ly/aSwXY3

If you click that link then you’ll see that it shows ‘Greece’ in the top right-hand corner of the page. Members on other sites are not reporting technical issues, so perhaps a phone call to your local service centre would be the best way forward.

Potakas
    Participant

Thanks for keep looking at my issue you are very helpful, I was saying that i can’t see the offer at the Greek site at the front page where it is in other sites, although they promote offers for WT+.
    BTW i saw this today at BA’s Twitter
    ”Hand baggage allowance restrictions to & from the US has been lifted.Customers can now take TWO pieces on all flts/cabins (dimensions apply).”

Potakas
    Participant

I have just called them at the Greece/Cyprus Executive Club and they didn’t know the offer..they told me that every time that i fly i am winning miles depending from my tier status and the class that i am traveling, although i told them the link and they told me that they will ”investigate” it and they will call me back….. There is no problem with my residence as i ask them to check.

Senator
    Participant

Dear Potakas,

I was able to register for the Swedish promotion. One important note at the bottom of the page you should read:

3 Please note that if you enrol via the normal registration page on ba.com, you will not be registered and not able to participate in the promotion.

Greece belongs to Spring Rewards 3:
    http://www.britishairways.com/travel/springrewards3/public/en_gb

Good luck from someone who registered successfully 🙂 I have JNB coming up in a few weeks.

Potakas
    Participant

Congratulations Senator but i don’t understand, what 3 means, how should someone enroll if not from BA.com
    Note that you should book your JNB flight after your registration to this promo.

Senator
    Participant

Hi..

Please scroll to the bottom of the promotion landing page. There are four footnotes, and I am referring to footnote number 3 on the page:
    http://www.britishairways.com/travel/springrewards3/public/en_gb

Good luck!

VintageKrug
    Participant

It may mean you have to be sent this offer via email, which is daft as it is heavily trailered on the homepage and listed on the public part of the website. Confusing.

Potakas
    Participant

Ok thats maybe correct as i haven’t receive the promo email yet, Also i called some friends of me (Greeks executive club members) to ask them if they received the offer or if they manage to registered and they did n ‘t. Probably they haven’t update the system for Greece yet.

continentalclub
    Participant

As VK suggests, this does seem both rather daft and somewhat confusing. Hopefully someone from British Airways will pick up on this thread and check to ensure that all eligible members are actually being communicated with and that the web functionality is correctly-enabled.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls