BA: Exec Club Euro Member Promotion

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)

• MartynSinclair
    Participant

Travelwell – have you got a friend who lives in Germany? Change your address to the German address. Then you will be eligible. Remember though, you have to start your journey in Germany…

travelwell
    Participant

i do but I am honest and not going to trick the system…

MartynSinclair
    Participant

its not tricking the system. We are meant to have free trade within the EU. The airlines think otherwise. If you perservere, you should be able to get these fares at any BA counter or tele sales office. The problem is that BA get around it by not loading the fares onto certain computers. i.e. German fares not loaded onto UK systems. Why on earth should I get a different fare say DUS-NYC when I phone up the call centres in say London and Germany (if I had access to the German call centre – go through exec club).

Travellator
    Participant

LHR/AGP is our most used route – I know lots of people who do a 1 way LHR/AGP then for the rest of the year buy AGP/LHR/AGP and save loads !

Why do BRITISH Airways discriminate against BRITISH citizens ?

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Why do BRITISH Airways discriminate against BRITISH citizens ?

Quite simply – becasue they can and they do by not allowing UK sales staff access to European ticket options and also by blocking the European call centres to calls from the UK.

However, we all put up with it becasue we have no other choice – other than to beat the system, which we all can do!

On the positive side, I am currently sat in the wonderful T3 Galleries lounge – excellent in all respects!

Travellator
    Participant

T3 Galleries is good. And at times not too busy.

Only problem is the eternal tuna melts !

I once got mini steak pies which were nice.

Views over the runway and pushing back of Emirates 380 nice – then you get bussed to your plane – illusions of grandeur over, especially if you have to face BA’s extended breakfast – what a misnomer !

Potakas
    Participant

Just to remind this offer, also i would like to say, that you don’t have to start your journey from the country you are registered to, as the offer says that :

*If a longhaul journey does start in London and not in Europe and doesn’t include Club Europe connecting flights, the bonus BA Miles and Marriott TravelCard for a shorthaul journey will be deducted from the amount of bonus BA Miles and Marriott TravelCard for a Longhaul journey.

So, as the offer is for non UK registered members i assume that you can start your journey from London.

Regards,

Potakas

searider283
    Participant

I completely agree, BA operates an Executive CLub not a FFP. I travel very regularly with them domestically and less frequently internationally. Always aiming for premium cabins where possible, even when travelling even in economy I treated extremely well, if there is a problem and I complain. I am always well compensated.

Potakas
    Participant

I would like to mention something i read at the T&Cs :

A Qualifying Flight is a single sector flight with a BA prefix on a BA operated service (including flights operated by franchise partners) or an OpenSkies services with flight numbers BA7001, BA 7002, BA7003, BA7004, BA7011 ,BA7012 in the following cabins and booking classes: First (booking classes F, A), Club World and OpenSkies Biz Bed (booking classes J, C, D, R, I) and Club Europe (booking classes J, C, D, R, I).

5. The following flights in the above mentioned cabins and booking classes are not valid for the promotion: BA125/124 Bahrain – Doha – Bahrain, BA073/072 Abu Dhabi – Muscat – Abu Dhabi, BA247/246/ Sao Paulo – Buenos Aires – Sao Paulo, BA253/252 / Nassau – Grand Cayman – Nassau, BA253/252 / Nassau – Providenciales – Nassau, BA2153/2152 / Barbados – Tobago – Barbados, BA2153/2152 / Barbados – Grenada – Barbados, BA2157/2156 / Antigua – St. Kitts – Antigua, BA2159/2158 / Saint Lucia – Port of Spain – Saint Lucia

Regards

Potakas

Potakas
    Participant

I would like to mention a nice surprise i had during my last CE return trip (EDI-ATH-EDI).

The flights between EDI-LHR counts for the promotion and i earned 16.000 miles , so including the 5500 miles, i earned totally more than 21000 miles.

For an upgrade on this route you need only 20.000.

Viewing 10 posts - 16 through 25 (of 25 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls