BA Email support

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

RoadKing
    Participant

I am planning a trip, and in that case a question raised, and I figured I should check with BA. Since it is not so urgent I thought I should write them the question in an email.

Now, I admit easily that English is not my native tongue, but I feel that I am usually able to express myself well enough to be understood, so I was a bit puzzled by the answer I get. It is sort of a yes, but not exactly…

So, fellow travellers, have I really stated my question so poorly that it justifies the round answer I got?

Question from me:
    Hello.

I plan to do a trip from x to z, using BA. As this implies a plane change at Heathrow I have been thinking of staying the night in London, e.g.:

x – LHR Thursday
    LHR – z Friday
    z – LHR – x Sunday

Flying Club Europe, I am a Gold member of Executive Club.

My question is:
    When I arrive LHR, T5 on Thursday, would it be possible for me to spend a few hours in the lounge prior to leaving the terminal for the hotel Thursday? The reason I ask is because I need to get some work done and need access to Wifi.

Answer from the BA representative:

Dear Mr RoadKing

Thank you for your email about your upcoming travel plans with British Airways.

All those British Airways customers who previously used the many other lounges in Terminals 1-4 are using the Terminal 5 Galleries Lounges. To ensure that they offer the most relaxing experience possible, whilst accommodating such a large number of people, access is restricted to customers travelling First, Club World or Club Europe or who are Gold or Silver Executive Club members.

I hope this information is useful and that you book with us soon.

Regards
    nn
    British Airways Executive Club

Senator
    Participant

Dear RoadKing

I suspect a case of the “I have a list of standard answers, let me see which one matches the closest and send it off” response 🙂

Given your onward journey the following day, on the same booking I would struggle to see why they would not grant you access.

The bigger issue is transfer and security if they will let you access. I am not sure if T5 is emptied over night or not. So letting someone with next day connection back in, I am not sure… Perhaps our BA experts NTarrant and VintageKrug know?

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

There is no access to departing lounges from arrival. Access to the arrivals lounge is only for long haul flights regardless of card level.

RoadKing
    Participant

Thank you guys. I was suspecting there would be an issue with security.
    Well, I have changed my meeting to be on Friday at the airport. Best solution 🙂

NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks for the accolade Senator, I would regard VK as a far more expert than I, a mere ametuer!

As BarnesG says, the lounges are for departing. If transfering to another flight then of course no problem, but there would be no access from arrivals.

The arrivals lounge which is of course landside is only open to, I think 1430, but is only available to long haul customers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls