BA Elemis Spa at T5

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)

• RobertMitchell
    Participant

Just flew ORD to LHR on Sep 19 and returned yesterday. I called You First a few days ahead and got my choice of treatment and time in the spa. Also was able to book a cabana for myself and one for my wife for 3 hours (8 to 11) Enjoyed eating lunch in the Concorde room both times too. Only disappointment was that we just happened to get the old first class both ways, but we enjoyed it, food and service were great. I especially liked the I-pads for the entertainment.

Danwolf
    Participant

I finally managed to get one in the last long haul flight I had, but it was from the T5-B terminal. I try every time, it is first come first serve, and the attendant told me that passengers who come in on early flights in the morning tend to book the evening slots right before their connecting flights. The staff in T5-A have access to the diary of the one int T5-B, so make sure to ask them to check that one as well.

Binman62
    Participant

Until about 10 days ago it was possible to book a spa treatment via the You First Team in advance. Somewhat bizarrely this product enhancement was withdrawn and it is now back to the first come first served scrum.

I only became aware of the facility in August when on the day it was launched I was flying to the EU to start a long haul journey. At 7am and despite being first int eh queue I noted that the diary for the day was very busy. Although I got my two spots for around 4.30pm it was clear that there was already many booked throughout the day and almost full after 6pm. The staff then told me of the pre booking trial.

So, with flights coming up I sent the request to “Your First” just last week who replied that the trial had ended!!

The reason why access to the treatments, or rather lack of access is an issue, is not that they are actually any good per se, it is about providing your premium customers with an enhanced level of service and consistently. At present when on BA, and in First, you do not get a consistent product; the seats and cabin vary, the IFE varies, the quality of food is variable and the crew are definitely variable. You might or might not get a spa treatment and the arrivals lounge might or might not offer you access to the baths!

The only constant with BA First is it is never consistent and that is a problem for us the customers and in turn for them. Providing the ability to book a treatment in advance as a First passenger was a small step to eliminating some of the inconsistencies and a very welcome one. I hope it will be reinstated very soon.

RobertMitchell
    Participant

I guess I hit it at the right time. I was going by the info on the BA web site under You First concerning spa and cabana reservations. It would seem to BA’s advantage to try to make it as easy as possible, especially for first and high tier customers

Viewing 4 posts - 46 through 49 (of 49 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls