BA Economy only flights Summer 2022

Back to Forum
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

• dam
    Participant

I am looking at flying BA from both Dublin and London and I’ve noticed that on some flights when booking business no business is available and economy plus or economy checked baggage is offered instead. I saw this on flights from LHR to Rome and other Italian cities as well as to and from London to Dublin. Has anyone else come across this?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Yes, you are right. I thought it was only LGW flights (which are Vueling) but from Heathrow to Rome it is true also, some flights are economy only.

BA

1 user thanked author for this post.
    dam

DerekVH
    Participant

What is Economy Plus ?

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Where you pay extra to have a check-in bag.

This would be the full choice

Screenshot-2022-02-16-at-09.36.26

3 users thanked author for this post.

Nogbad01
    Participant

It may be [another] IT glitch.
    I tried booking return flights to Larnaca in business on Monday and the website claimed there was no business class cabin on the LHR-LCA leg and its return.

This only happened if I went straight to the homepage and booked from there.

When I logged in and used the booking form on the “My Executive Club” page, it was all fine.

The BA website is beyond a joke.

4 users thanked author for this post.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Bearing in mind the point made above Nogbad01, if it is not as he/she says, then could it be that BA are short of short haul planes, and are borrowing/leasing planes from Vueling or Iberia Express, which may not have the catering facilities built in to the galley which could offer a Club Europe standard of service? Rome is I believe a Vueling hub so could that be the issue?

2 users thanked author for this post.

JamesTC
    Participant

It looks like BA’s own A320’S at Gatwick will still offer Business Class. The flights showing without Business Class are the ones operated by BA’s franchise partner Vueling. They are operating selected routes like Gatwick to Barcelona, Rome and some Malaga services, amongst others

dam

FrDougal
    Participant

There seem to be a lot of rather significant glitches on BA.COM at the moment.

For example I have been trying to book DUB-FAO and DUB-GIB via LHR for June and July. Everything I search it says no flights available. Yet if I do separate Multi-City bookings it shows perfect scheduling for connections. This never happened before.

Iv emailed, tweeted and called BA and just keep getting a run around. Sadly they are losing the custom as a result and I am giving KLM (into AGP instead of GIB obviously) the money thanks to a status match.

2 users thanked author for this post.

FaroFlyer
    Participant

[postquote quote=1204135]

Hi FrDougal,
    I believe that FAO will only be served from LGW from March season change, not LHR as it has been during COVID. Likewise GIB. Depending on where you wish to depart from maybe think of IB to SVQ or XRY, via MAD? SVQ and XRY are roughly half way between FAO and GIB.

I have been trying to book FAO-LON-LAS for a trade show in November and it shows no availability in Club, but if I start in LIS it is OK in Club.

dam

dam
    Participant

Good evening, thank you all for your insights on this issue. I also looked at other routes including MAN to LHR, LHR to LUX and countless others. The challenge is more prevalent when booking a two leg flight, for example, DUB to GIB or MAN to LUX via LHR and my conclusion is before you press the payment button review the flights to make sure all the flights are in Club if that is what you want. I know it is a first world problem but it is very frustrating. Safe travelling everyone

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls