BA Double Miles Offer – Limited Offer

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

• Anonymous

Binman62
    Participant

My wife has just received an email from BA offering double BA miles on selected routes between now and the end of July.

Am I alone in being very irritated by BA and this type of marketing?

In Asia 50,000 miles for flying once or twice, 100,000 miles for a credit card in the USA. In Europe silver cards for just one return flight and now this; selected customers in the UK get a double miles offer. Worse still, is that she has this offer as she has not flown with them for almost a year. So this clearly aimed at winning people back, but note, not during the school holidays!!

As a loyal BA customer and a fan, I am thoroughly annoyed at this marketing with nothing for those customers who are genuinely loyal and who choose to pay for the First product and who through all the disruption and chaos of the last 6 months have held on to First bookings. It is of course not just First but anyone who has stuck with them.

Where is the reward for loyalty in the UK.

CharlieBrown
    Participant

Hello Binman62,

I too received this e-mail today although I am a frequent traveller with BA. The only LGW route this offer is valid for is JER which I travel on very frequently. I can understand your frustration towards their marketing efforts however whilst I cannot take advantage of some of the offers you outline above, I can be sure that eventually one will be tailored to me.

Kind regards.

pat_travels
    Participant

Couldn’t agree more Binman62.
    I received two e-mails, one re long-haul flights and one re European flights.

The window of opportunity is so limited, 15th June to 23rd July for long-haul and thats outbound and inbound completed in this time frame! A poor attempt at marketing by BA which will of course be welcomed by a few BUT only a few

NTarrant
    Participant

In contrast to Thomas Brown, I too travel LGW-JER frequently but have only received offers for long haul routes, many of which are in the Middle East.

pat_travels
    Participant

NTarrant
    the EU destinations I was offered at double miles if booked and flown by 31st July are listed below. This was a separate e-mail to the long-haul destinations offer:

London City to Zurich and Amsterdam

London Gatwick to Jersey

London Heathrow to Athens, Dusseldorf, Budapest, Paris, Copenhagen, Geneva, Istanbul, Milan, Zurich

binabdulaziz
    Participant

Not got offer yet.

But took Club Europe flight last week, Larnaca to London.

Very disappointed by poor product (no drink before leaving, no hot towels on 4h30m, seat pitch same as Air Arabia) and lazy service. Cabin crew seemed more interested in talking to apparent other BA staff travelling than doing service . I had to ring call bell for glass of water, 2 hours after meal – no drinks brought around.

And readers here know I like BA Club World very much – service on that good.

This flight cost me over 1000 dollar and I feel cheat.

NTarrant
    Participant

Thanks Pat, I have not had that email, unless it has been dumped as spam which it should not. Will be interesting to see if I do get double miles on my trips during July.

pat_travels
    Participant

It was one of those e-mails which says I have been specially selected – yeah yeah. Received it on 18th june……

‘You have been specially selected for this offer – it’s not available to all our members – so we hope you’ll take the opportunity to register now. Then simply book and fly an eligible return fare to any of the featured destinations before 31 July 2010’.

CMoir12
    Participant

I didn’t get the e-mail.

But, it will be school holidays in Scotland!

Binman62
    Participant

The emails are sent to a select few and you must register to get the miles. If you happen to fly on one of the routes available and have not registered you will not get the double miles. Neither my wife nor I got the long haul email…probably because we have a F booking in August.
    The main grip for me is that the UK is seen as a cash cow for airlines generally and so there is very few really attractive offers from any carrier. Contrast this with the silver card promo in Europe, 100,000 iles in the US for getting a credit card and 50,000 miles for HKG residents taking a flight.
    Would be delighted if BA or anyone else provided an offer of this type and this magnitude in the UK.
    As for BA I cannot think of a general promotion they have run since 50% off redemption bookings back in oct/nov 2008…. happy to be reminded if there have been..

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls