BA domestic business class

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Apologies if this aready somewhere that I cannot see. Looks like this will be introduced
    by the end of 2017. So no more buying everything if you have a UK business ticket or (presumably) a J or F longhaul ticket with a UK connecting flight.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Galley FM says it will start on the MAN-LHR route March, so we will see.

esselle
    Participant

Haven’t flown them in a while, but there used to be a ticket identified as ” UK Business” if you were connecting to a J or F.

canucklad
    Participant

Is it just me, or with every passing day, BA’s proposition just becomes more befuddled every time a new dawn appears as they scramble about trying to find a place for themselves in a completive marketplace.

My advice to them, decide who you are, what your target market is and excel at delivering it.
    Oh, and learn from others, in particular BMI’s ill-fated confused domestic services, which at first glance Ba seems destined to try and replicate!!

TominScotland
    Participant

canucklad, not sure where the confusion comes from? They appear to be treating Domestic in the same way as short-haul European flights, that is all. Simple – at least here in the West!!

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=787504]canucklad, not sure where the confusion comes from? They appear to be treating Domestic in the same way as short-haul European flights, that is all. Simple – at least here in the West!!

[/quote]

It seems to me that Canucklad is a taking a helicopter view and commenting generally, rather than solely on this development.

I also agree with his analysis – as we are anonymous on here, I don’t know who he is, but have always thought he has a very good handle on B2C brand management and do indeed remember him making the same points about bmi at the time.

Haven’t flown them in a while, but there used to be a ticket identified as ” UK Business” if you were connecting to a J or F.

esselle, you are right – I use Business UK regularly and it gives priority boarding and lounge access.

BA is now going to lose at least 2 revenue seats per flight (empty middle) to deal with the effects of their own decision to go BoB, a decision that I believe will be unlikely to cover the income stream from sales on often rammed domestic routes.

I will be very interested to see if my domestic connectors to Qantas book into Club UK after it is introduced or whether I sit behind the curtain – to be honest, on a 35 min flight this is a matter of supreme indifference to me and I get proprity boarding and lounge access via BAEC status.

JohnHarper
    Participant

Presumably this when launched will be as awful as ‘Club Europe’ with tight seats, poor food and disinterested crew?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls