BA data breach class action

Back to Forum

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  capetonianm 1 Oct 2018
at 02:37

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• Swissdiver
    Participant

For some reason, someone reported this whole thread, https://www.businesstraveller.com/forums/topic/ba-data-breach-class-action/, making a reply there impossible. Hence this new thread.

After thoughtful considerations, I joined the herd on this. While I am not after the few pennies we might get, I want the shareholders to be annoyed. Bear with me. I am a capitalist, believing in the shareholder value. But its weakness is short-termism, pushing the WW & Cruz and Co focussing only on their bonuses at the cost of the long term value of the IAG group. So the higher the cost for this IT data breach, the bigger harm on the share price, the more chance we could get rid of this devastating Spanish management!

4 users thanked author for this post.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

For some reason, someone reported this whole thread, https://www.businesstraveller.com/forums/topic/ba-data-breach-class-action/, making a reply there impossible. Hence this new thread.

After thoughtful considerations, I joined the herd on this. While I am not after the few pennies we might get, I want the shareholders to be annoyed. Bear with me. I am a capitalist, believing in the shareholder value. But its weakness is short-termism, pushing the WW & Cruz and Co focussing only on their bonuses at the cost of the long term value of the IAG group. So the higher the cost for this IT data breach, the bigger harm on the share price, the more chance we could get rid of this devastating Spanish management!

Well done, I believe your logic is unimpeachable.

1 user thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

A friend who knows I travel a lot asked me if I had been caught up in this mess. When I said I hadn’t, simply because I avoid BA, he said : “I am sure you wish you had been, just so you could join the action against them.”

That almost sums up my view, and I fully concur with Swissdiver. Furthermore, I am a shareholder (through IAG of course).

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BTUK October 2018 issue
BTUK October 2018 issue
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls