BA crew made my wife’s day!

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• PhilipHart
    Participant

To counter some of the negative comments about BA, I would just like to say that the crew of our flight from PMI to LCY (BA8484) on Sunday 1st January 2023 made it a flight to remember.

It was my wife’s 6Xth Birthday on January 1st, and we were flying back Biz to UK after a wonderful Xmas break in Mallorca.

A short while after take off, the CSM surprised my wife by bringing her a tray with a couple of bottles of champagne and a card addressed to her personally.

It was a wonderfully unexpected touch from all the crew, and their thoughtfulness really deserves to be recognised more widely.

Birthday-Present

Happy-Birthday-Jane

zeus1
    Participant

Very nice. BA is generally good. Perhaps not the best, but always find their staff very helpful.

3 users thanked author for this post.

crookieLondon
    Participant

How good of BA to be so thoughtful and also you Philip for highlighting it. Well done, both and I hope your wife had a wonderful day. Let “positive” be a new approach generally

1 user thanked author for this post.

sergeyontheroad
    Participant

That’s so nice to see. When I flew on my birthday a few years back and happened to mention it (both at check in and when boarding) all I got was a smirk/chuckle and I was a Silver Member at the time… At least BA crew show more respect to more experienced people.

kevin46
    Participant

If you were travelling economy,it’s possible that the staff might have misconstrued your “happen to mention”, as a hint for an upgrade.

esselle
    Participant

Flying back from DXB in F on BA many years ago, my wife mentioned to the CSD that it was my birthday. The CSD replied that she would ensure l was spoilt rotten.

None of the crew said a word about it for the rest of the flight!

cwoodward
    Participant

Good one BA

fluffymitten
    Participant

That’s lovely!

In case you didn’t know, you can submit a thank you here: https://www.britishairways.com/travel/webforms/public/en_gb?eId=120001&wfpId=customer_compliments

Or if you’ve got a Golden Ticket, you can say thank you after logging into your BAEC account (it’s on the bottom left of the screen I think)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls