BA credit card booking fee

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Anonymous

Bunnahabhain
    Participant

I recently booked a BA miles redemption flight and noticed that the credit card fee which is applied to normal cash bookings (including with its own brand Amex card) was not applied to the taxes etc element of the miles booking. Any idea why? I don’t know about a part cash part BA miles booking but would be interested to know.

Credit card fees have become standard for flight bookings (at least if made direct with airlines) but BA really ought to at least waive the fee for use of its own Amex card, as bmi does for its MBNA brand MasterCard

excessbaggage
    Participant

You’re right about BMI not charging for bookings made on its branded mastercard, although it continues to charge for bookings made with its BMI-branded Amex card.

continentalclub
    Participant

Actually, DC Members have had success in getting the Call Centre to refund the fee when a bmi Amex has been used.

This may no longer be necessary however, as my latest bmi Amex statement shows that bmi have unilaterally refunded the fees charged against two bookings, without being asked.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls