BA Concorde engine

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• SimonS1
    Participant

….for sale.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Concorde-Turbo-Jet-Engine-Complete-with-Afterburner/113823113322?hash=item1a8062e06a:g:CEYAAOSwUf9cdvw6

The perfect artefact for someone’s back garden. Imagine being able to look at that 24 hours a day whilst talking about how marvellous BA is/was.

3 users thanked author for this post.

capetonianm
    Participant

I love the text :
    “Not able to fly but perfect to dismantle and repurpose into collectable pieces of furniture or art”

I had an email from a nice Nigerian fellow (*) this morning promising me US$1,000,000 in exchange for my bank and passport details, so I’d have about £25,000 change out of the deal, but I’m not sure where I’d put a thing of such beauty so I’ll hang onto the money until I find something worthwhile to spend it on!

If anyone wants to see one of these Olympus engines, there is at least one at Brooklands Museum in Weybridge.

As many will know, RR engines all bore the name of rivers. This one didn’t as it was originally developed by Bristol Siddeley. The same engine type powered the Avro Vulcan bomber.

(*) This gives me a great idea. I’m going to write back to the scammer, send him the link to Ebay, and tell him to buy this engine with my money, and then tell him where to put it – sharp end first.

2 users thanked author for this post.

MarkP1966
    Participant

Love that response – spend the money on my behalf!

Stowage222
    Participant

Damn Simon, I made the mistake of looking at the engine. Now eBay is hassling me to make a bid!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls