BA Complaints procedure help

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

• InfrequentFlyer
    Participant

Hey fellow readers… very long time member but hardly ever post but need to call on your wealth of knowledge and experience. I recently made a complaint to BA, waited patiently for a couple of weeks for their response and when it did arrive the other day, im just lost for words. They didn’t address anything I said and just fobbed me off with the standard waffle. Its impossible to speak to anyone in person because of course why would the ‘customer relations’ department actually engage with their customers?

The summary of my complaint – i cancelled a return sector of a flight (rak-lhr in club), BA contacted me to ask why, i explained I had to get home for my Moms funeral, lady said she will change status of my ticket to not be a no show, gave me an email address to send death certificate and once received assured me they will refund the value of the sector – around £240. I did this 3 days later, waited around 10 days but no response so called. BA told me all was in process and should receive refund in few days. Week or so later i got a refund for £23, immediately called and was given no explanation as to why I hadnt got refund as promised, just quoting rules of the ticket. After much insistence got passed to a supervisor who told me I couldnt speak to anyone in customer relations but to fill out a claim and they would refund the money that way. I did this and attached screen shots of everything but then received the insulting response as mentioned above.

Any idea how I can progress this further or a phone number of anyone that would be actually willing to help ?

tonywells1961
    Participant

I share your pain. I have had 2 dreadful experiences with BA this year and complained both times.

On both occasions I received a standard templated reply that did not address the specific issues raised. The follow-up email responses were the same.

The responses felt very patronising and tried to push the blame anywhere but BA.

Over the last week, I have experienced cancellations with both EasyJet and Ryanair, both of whom were very quick to offer refunds or rebooking free of charge.

A much more effective way of resolving issues than BA’s policy which seems to be to antagonise and wear down anyone who dares to complain.

One BA have confirmed your claim is rejected you can refer your case to the Centre for Dispute Resolution (CEDR).

Good luck.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Montysaurus
    Participant

This is a bit off topic but I couldn’t find a suitable one. I have a flight booked which I will not be able to use due to an event cancellation. I have other events for which I will need flights but when I use Manage My Booking on the BA app and website it will only let me change date and time but not the route. It is to the same destination but from London City instead of Heathrow. I vaguely remember being able to do this pre Covid but can’t find an online way of doing it now. Can anyone advise me please, to avoid having to use the call centre.
    Thanks.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls