BA Complaint handling

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• Anonymous

HighlandTraveller
    Participant

Is anyone else having difficulty getting BA to resolve complaints?
    I made a complaint on 3 July 2014 using the web form in respect of lost baggage (previously intimated to them a fortnight before on outward journey), in respect of damage to child’s buggy and perhaps most importantly financially their failure to refund car hire that I had paid for through BA (on arrival Avis said car had broken down and refund being processed and I would need to pay another Company for car hire).

I have tried ringing and been on hold for 20 min plus on more than one occasion. I have sent another web form. No reply at all.

Any tips apart from raising court proceedings:)

HarryMonk
    Participant

BA complaint handing? Does such a thing exist? I have wondered if they have a Buck Passing Dept.
    After they took over 24 hrs to deliver my delayed bag from the time it arrived at LHR to my home less than 10 miles away, it was all the fault of the courier said BA. Who contacts out the baggage delivery BA?

SimonS1
    Participant

Contact the CEO.

Email <a href="mailto:[email protected]“>[email protected]

Tim2soza
    Participant

https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk – The fastest way to get a response!

peter19
    Participant

I have seen a few reports of the same and on here lately during the baggage issues there were a few threads going about. I over the last 2 months have had 2 bags not show up and one of those was damaged on arrival when it did catch up with me but I must admit had a good experience.
    I made a claim for the damaged bag via online portal and had the cash in my bank within a week of opening the case for a replacement to the same value with several responses from customer support during the time.

I don’t think contacting the CEO is quite justified in this case! Did Avis not have any other cars to offer you?

StephenLondon
    Participant

I think waiting nearly a month for a response would justify popping something through to Keith Williams’ office. He has some staff who do nothing but handle complaints that are addressed to him.

My understanding is that BA have a raft of claims following recent disruption, baggage handling failures thanks to a Europe-wide systems failure, etc. and I would guess they are struggling to keep up. In this case, I think it is the customer that asks loudest will get replied to first.

rferguson
    Participant

I think on the whole BA are pretty good at answering complaints – the timeframe may be lengthy at times but at least they do reply (eventually) unlike many other airlines.

I’ve mentioned on another thread how the process works when a complaint is lodged online – it is sent to India to be batched then onto the relative departments to be followed up. There are guidelines to desired response times based on class of travel and Exec Club status.

Also the complaint itself has to be taken into consideration. Some are a lot quicker to resolve than others. For example if a complaint relates to a delayed flight BA would have that data at their fingertips. If, (as in the OP’s situation) the complaint involves a third party (Avis) I guess BA would have to contact Avis with the complaint, await a reply etc.

The most important thing is always to note the date you make the initial complaint and the reference number included in the automated acknowledgement email. Personally I would allow four weeks before contacting again for follow up – and absolutely include the initial reference number so the initial complaint can easily be tracked instead of a new one initiated.

**These are my personal opinions only and do not reflect those of my employer**

DavidGordon10
    Participant

Well, I once waited a year before BA responded properly to a complaint (refund of fare for a flight cancelled due to a dusting of snow). It took a year and the threat of taking it to court.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls