BA.com having problems or is it just me?

Back to Forum
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

• Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

“Sorry, there seems to be a technical problem. Please try again in a few minutes, and please contact us if it still doesn’t work.
    We apologise for the inconvenience.”

Had this response all of this weekend – anyone else?

Reeferman
    Participant

Yes.
    It’s impossible for me to book a flight for cash on its system – I just go round in circles.
    The Exec Club home page rarely has the flight booking option on the left-hand column, so I have to use the “flights and holiday” tab at the top of the page. I then input the date/destination details required and this take me to another page (lots of red everywhere) where the flight details have been carried across – but nothing more. That’s as far as I can get.
    Have tried deleting history and using a “private” window – same result.
    Been like it for over a week.

Swissdiver
    Participant

Absolutely. It also limits the flight options, not showing all of them… I need to book a couple of journeys, but can’t for now…

capetonianm
    Participant

I must be dreaming. BA.com having problems? Surely not? This is unprecedented in their history. I am shocked.

A friend of mine rang me earlier, he was trying to book a trip on BA.com, and couldn’t, so I checked the same itinerary on Expedia, and he got it confirmed within two minutes for £600 less – same flights. Whilst I am not normally in favour of booking via third party websites, Expedia is one of the better ones, and in a case like this, it’s a bit of a ‘no-brainer’.

The tragedy is that BA are still getting the revenue, albeit reduced.

CathayLoyalist2
    Participant

Purely out of interest do you still get your full miles/avios/ponts if booked through an OTA?

capetonianm
    Participant

I believe so, yes. With the proviso that they will correspond to the class booked, so if the OLTA fare is lower than the airline’s published fare because it’s a negotiated fare, it might be booked in a lower subclass and will therefore earn less points. I am not sure if there is any uniformity in this but some airlines already relate the miles/points/Avios given to the fare paid.

On the other hand, for example in the case I mentioned he’s saving £600 which is likely to be more than the value of the Avios. That might be at the cost of some flexibility. Snakes and ladders.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

I can now access my bookings via the app but still no joy with the website. I can log-in but as soon as I try to use ‘manage my booking’ it changes to ‘Sorry there seems to be a technical problem…..’ etc and logs me out. Come on, BA, get your act together!

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Saturday evening, trying to book a flight to Europe for tomorrow Sunday…. fare £103, online system is unable to make reservation.

Call BA, quoted a fare of £89, same flights, take it…. job done.

What on earth is going on with ba.com

MartynSinclair
    Participant

as an add on to this.. it seems the problem was trying to use my Amex card on line. Although I made a purchase on the 21st (my missed flights) this was done at the airport and not online.

Is anyone else having problems using an Amex card on line…

Swissdiver
    Participant

IT at its best… We received a double Avios promotion and…

Apologies for the registration glitch this morning, it is now resolved and all Executive Club Members are encouraged to click on “Register Now” below, to complete their registration. Any Members that have booked on 27 September 2018, and register before midnight tonight, will be eligible for double Avios. Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.

stevescoots
    Participant

[quote quote=891665]IT at its best… We received a double Avios promotion and…

Apologies for the registration glitch this morning, it is now resolved and all Executive Club Members are encouraged to click on “Register Now” below, to complete their registration. Any Members that have booked on 27 September 2018, and register before midnight tonight, will be eligible for double Avios. Thank you and apologies for any inconvenience.

[/quote]

I had the same, tried to register and said i was not eligable

SimonS1
    Participant

[quote quote=888436]Saturday evening, trying to book a flight to Europe for tomorrow Sunday…. fare £103, online system is unable to make reservation.

Call BA, quoted a fare of £89, same flights, take it…. job done.

What on earth is going on with ba.com[/quote]

Sorry Martin. It seems at the time you tried to book I hadn’t finished scraping the previous day’s credit card details. Should be OK now though.

Cheers
    Boris

Swissdiver
    Participant

[quote quote=891878]

IT at its best… We received a double Avios promotion and…

I had the same, tried to register and said i was not eligable[/quote]

I could register a few hours later. But after the data breach, this doesn’t look good for BA’s IT, if anyone was still trusting them…

Tom Otley
    Keymaster

Looks like the Economist had a bad experience.

The website of British Airways needs to become clearer
    Britain’s flag carrier should be doing more to show that it has earned its privileged position at Heathrow

1 user thanked author for this post.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls