ba.com down again?

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

• navnov11
    Participant

[quote quote=828881]That’s true, but BA are should be responsible for the quality of service provided by entities to whom they outsource.

[/quote]

dont disagree with that at all

Keith
    Participant

I had the same experience on my mobile app but check-in first time from my laptop. I get the feeling some people love to knock BA but also agree that BA do invite the knocks sometimes

FDOS_UK
    Participant

navnov11, Keith

This problem may have affected multiple airlines, but it is fixed and now it becomes a matter of how quickly those airlines can get their systems working again.

I am pleased to say that ba.com is now working again.

BA deserve knocking, ba.com seems to suffer regular problems and is not as good as other competitors such as easyJet, Norwegian – or goodness help us – Ryanair.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=828863]FDOS_UK : Yes, it could do. The Altea system consists of three principal components, Plan (inventory and hosting), Sell (distribution, reservations, pricing, ticketing), and Fly (departure control, flight management, customer management).

Some airlines use the entire suite, others use parts of it alongside other systems. There is obviously an inter-dependence between components and for seating, the distribution systems and the departure control systems need to ‘talk’ to the inventory system. So regardless of whether the flight is under airport control or not, and that is typically 24 hours, a failure in one component could leave you unable to select a seat.

[/quote]

Tx, very interesting. Just another example of how we rely on complex and interdependent systems and thus vulnerable to problems affecting one or more components.

ThomasCox
    Participant

Not knocking BA – just having a light-hearted dig at management’s historical responses to these sort of things. Besides, as far as I’m aware, BA technically doesn’t have any IT anymore as it all resides in IAG’s Group Business Services division now. I guess this also explains why the BAEC gold line was down this morning.

capetonianm
    Participant

Oh dear, haven’t we heard this excuse before?
    Not a great deal of creativity went into this:

Worldwide airport chaos caused by a SINGLE SWITCH plunges check-in desks into meltdown as computers crash leaving huge queues of furious passengers

ThomasCox
    Participant

Break out the yellow tabards…

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Sounds like the cleaner pulled out the wrong plug, when looking to fins power for a vacuum 😉

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls