BA Club World food service

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

• Inquisitive
    Participant

For business travellers want direct travel:
    For USA, use American or Delta, similar price, much better food.
    For Asia/Australia, use SQ, Qantas, Thai, Malaysia, ANA, JAL, Korean for far better experience, for SQ probably have to pay a bit more.

For people who have time and do not mind a stopover, just fly Qatar or Emirates – no brainer.

2 users thanked author for this post.

Inquisitive
    Participant

[postquote quote=1198513]

I can make suggestion to IanFromHongKong. Since you can afford to fly F and this will be a special occasion why not fly Air France F or SQ F if you have not experienced any of these? These may require extra hop, but may be worth the trouble.

I travelled SQ F, that was really an experience in air travel from private check-in onwards with fantastic lounge experience, best seats and caviars and best quality food and drinks abroad
    I also read a glorious review about Air France F ( by essell?) that I want to experience when possible.

ViajeroUK
    Participant

Sounds as though BA is using Covid as an excuse to limit lounge and on board catering for far too long.

I used the Air France Schengen lounge at CDG 2 F last week in transit to Poland, the food offerings were pretty well back to pre-Covid levels in respect of choices and beverages. Hot meals are available at main meal times, menu and times are posted at the entrance to the servery area. Both flights were well staffed, meals were equal to pre-Covid times, light main, cheese (two types) and dessert, with normal beverage service, including chilled champagne served from the bottle. No crew shortages, no hassles, no problem. These were only short haul flights, haven’t had opportunity to try long haul for a while.

Come on BA, stop making excuses and give passengers what they expect and have paid for.

Hermes1964
    Participant

Have made 4 flights in BA Club World this year and it feels like the crews have forgotten how to conduct the service with really poor flow. Much dithering after take-off, delays to taking orders (on one occasion no drinks for over an hour), and dismal food. I accept reasons for serving all courses on one tray, but the overall quality has dropped. The new suites are a big improvement, save for that big gap when in bed mode – the mattress “pad” best used rolled up to fill it in.
    And what’s happened to the crews? Have they forgotten how to speak to passengers in a normal way, for example “did you get a chance to be given an amenity kit for yourself?”. It’s really gone downhill!

1 user thanked author for this post.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

[quote quote=1206328]Have they forgotten how to speak to passengers[/quote]

I just wish the cabin services manager would stop the welcome speech straight after take off. Just as you start to relax, another welcome speech, “especially to our executive club members”.

There is plenty of time to make the speech on the ground…. (or not at all!)

As for the “welcome to those who have just joined us” on boarding, said at least 3 times…

Am I just getting grumpy in my 60’s…. or do passengers really enjoy the continual welcomes…. I don’t get these speeches on the number 13 bus to Oxford Circus….

4 users thanked author for this post.

K1ngston
    Participant

[postquote quote=1206342]

I will have a word with LTB for you Martyn, I would love to hear them welcome you on board the 113 at ES…. Now that would be worth a flight back to Blighty 🙂

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls