BA: Club World & First Sale Now On

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

Gosh, it’s like handbags at dawn in here today.

I’m off to sit by the pool. Ciao.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Isn’t it funny how you make a snide ……..

Travellator
    Participant

If you lived in Northern Ireland it would be APD at dawn !

Continental – Belfast to New York £ 160 APD economy.

If flight moved to Dublin Euro 6 – only hour and a half down the road !

Potakas
    Participant

As all the prices are quoted on £s, my understanding without reading the T&Cs is that are for exUK. Simple.

No-one said that BA is cheap, although this sale is decent enough and beats many Airlines. If you check my past posts you will see that on many of those I am asking sorry for something wrong I wrote, it is not so hard to accept that you said/did something wrong.

That’s my understanding.. and you know that I am not a BA supporter that closes his eyes in obvious things, as a matter of fact I have a booking with Etihad to Asia but exATH, BA was too expensive for me.

NTarrant
    Participant

I do feel Disgusted that you have lead us up a bit of a garden path, because you didn’t make it clear that the MLA-AUH journey is via London. I am sure that Panagiotis will agree with me that at the last forum posters get together we all sat around the table asking what planet were you on comparing a direct flight with flights via LHR or anywhere else. I can see now having looked at Air Malta that indeed it is a very good deal for you to travel from MLA to AUH. If I were living in MLA then that is the deal I would take

However, as BA no longer flies to MLA the comparison is rather usless to use as a knock against BA.

Potakas
    Participant

Bump, as only 6 hours left for a return trip to Muscat for only £1250 on CW of course ;).

:D:D

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Nigel

Many apologies, you are quite right that I did not state MLA LHR AUH.

I was replying to VK,s SAN LOS comment, which did not mention an intermediate and so just replied with the start the start and end, but do realise this wrong footed you.

With regard to your comment about the invalidity of the BA comparison, I did buy a lot of ex EU (where I travelled from Malta to Paris or other destinations) tickets to the ME and also one or two travel agent through tickets from MLA via LHR, so I don;t think it is an unreasonable comparison.

After all the NCW seat is very good, so I will use it if the price is competitive.

ivornomates
    Participant

BA is a joke, its way cheaper if you start the journey outside UK. People flying to Asia are well advised to book with Cathay pacific on their I or D class fares, these are always way lower than BA. The other big problem of course is any premium seat, WT+,Club or First flying out of UK, regardless if you start the journey outside UK, is hammered by Government taxes. Hence so many people now take a cheap flight into Europe and book a seperate ticket in premium cabin from any number of airports across europe saving a fortune. People think the journey is extended but this is not true. If you live in London then thats fine, but all long haul flights on BA start in London and those who dont live there have to get into a London airport. Then suffer the awful London airport experience to connect to a long haul flight thinking this is more convenient than going through say Amsterdam or Frankfurt. Well my dear readers its not. I do it monthly to Asia and its often shorter than flying via LHR and way cheaper. Do it 12 times a year and see how much you save, its not to be sniffed at.

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls