BA Club Upper Level Dissapointing service

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

jpmex98
    Participant

On Dec. 26 I flew MEX-LHR on BA’s New Club service. Seats are great, but service was very dissapointing. I felt we were forgotten being upstairs. Bad attitude from flight crew. I tought maybe this was bad luck and maybe because of holidays, but returning on Jan. 2 LHR-MEX, same dissapointing service I had.
    I’ve read that BA made cuts on number of flight crew on the upper level. This does shows. Very dissapointing for the downgrade BA has done in service, but higher prices.

MakingTravelEasier
    Participant

From what I have been told by the crew, there are still two people upstairs. However, it is no longer a purser and a regular crew member. There is just one purser for all of club with two crew members upstairs.

I have had the same experiences with BA upstairs of late. On one flight back from Singapore the crew were totally indifferent. One crew member called the new Inflight Entertainment “crap” – his words not mine.

From what I also understand, the crew get the choice of where to work based on seniority. So, the more senior cabin crew tend to choose to work upstairs and, sometimes, the impact on the service shows.

I’ve ben flying with Lufthansa a lot of late and whilst the seat isn’t quite as good as BA’s their service has been really impeccable. Well worth trying.

OneA
    Participant

Surprised by this!
    Upstairs has always been my preference and it has always been a Pursar and a regular cabin crew member. I find that the treatment one gets is absolutely equal to the respect one gives. I am told by friends who are CSD’s and Pursars with BA that Club as a whole is the cabin they detest working as there are always so many people “out to get their money’s worth” irrespective of who paid for the ticket.
    Whilst I am sure that the complainant is not one of tis group that I have mentioned, if one tries the friendly understanding and interested approach, I am sure that the intrinsic excellent service of BA cabin Crew will shine through!

Cece_GP
    Participant

I agree with Nigel. I choose only upper deck with BA and the service has always been very good and the cabin feels very relaxed and quiet… I guess it’s a matter of taste (and luck)
    I cannot tell the same about KLM, though, but I have to admit that they got a bit better last time I flew with them to South Africa in Nov ’07.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls