BA Club Refit

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Gold-2K
    Participant

In 8 weeks or so it will be 12 months since I last flew long-haul with BA, and the same for most of my work colleagues. Just wondering has the Club World refit progressed at all in the last months or has this been a victim of the slowdown and general covid craziness?

Fair2380
    Participant

British Airways Club World Suite Routes

This I find to be pretty close to up to date.

1 user thanked author for this post.

Gin&Tonic
    Participant

I hope so but doubt it under the circumstances , I will continue to avoid BA J it simply isn’t fit for purpose as a product, never has been.

3 users thanked author for this post.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I had two years in Accra where the BA flight was serviced with 747s and it was a delight. This has now been replaced by the A350 with the new business class config.

For sure, 1-2-1 is a much better layout than previously, the IFE screen is bigger, and all seats have direct aisle access. And of course you now get a little, sliding screen so you can pretend you are in your own little capsule. But I have to say that the old business class in the 747 was better, provided you had a seat with aisle access.

The new business ‘suite’ is, IMO, a triumph of computer design over human needs. Instead of two reasonable storage areas, you get 4 which are so small they are useless for anything bigger than a phone. The shape of the ‘pod’ is incredibly awkward – it’s like a 7-sided triangle – and the ‘bed’ is less comfortable than the old one.

For me, it was a big let down. I really wouldn’t raise your hopes!

2 users thanked author for this post.

Justin Germany
    Participant

I haven’t had the chance to fly in the new Club Suite yet but in December I did fly long haul on Iberia’s A350-900 from Madrid to Quito (and back two weeks later). The seat is similar to other 1-2-1 cabins I have flow in and whilst I do like the privacy, I actually find the old Club World seat far less claustrophobic – I actually liked having the feeling of a lot of space (6 ft) in front of me, whereas the Iberia seat has a large, non-movable TV in your face. The other disadvantage of the newer designs is that if you are travelling with somebody, most of the seats are not really suited to having a conversion, whereas the ying-yang club world was perfect in that respect. I think the Iberia cabin had just three sets of adjacent seats in the middle section which would support a conversational environment, with the other 4 rows’ middle seats separated by a wide central section. Although I suppose this could be turned into an advantage if you find the companion boring! In the end, the overall floor space you get in the new layouts isn’t significantly more than the old Club World, so it’s rather a question of space in front of your versus space to your sides. That’s rich world dilemmas for you!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls