BA: Club & First Sale Fares Loaded

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)

• PaulJennings
    Participant

It does seem as if BA are focusing on improving the product rather than cutting the prices. Given that a direct journey in premium class will always be a more expensive option than the alternatives, it’s good that that BA is making its premium product truly premium. (One apostrophe, as carefully placed as the glass of chilled Chablis.)

VintageKrug
    Participant

“(One apostrophe, as carefully placed as the glass of chilled Chablis.)”

😉 nice.

BlackTower
    Participant

It’s the Saturday night stay that annoys me. Defo worse than previous years. Does nothing to make up for strike.

BABenji
    Participant

Personally, this is perfect timing. The CW tickets I was about to book to SYD are now a few hundred pounds cheaper. More money for a nicer hotel room….or maybe dinner at The Icebergs.

ekond111
    Participant

BABenji – try Wildfire – great restaurant on the Rocks – or even Stuyversants in Chatswood – great cellar…

LuganoPirate
    Participant

Just checked a return flight I will make mid Sep LHR – CPT. Virgin is £ 3,700 and I have to fly via JNB. The return is not even with VS but with SAA. Admittedly one day later the flight is £ 400 cheaper with VS in both directions but that does not suit my plans. BA by comparison is just £ 2,550 direct, so BA really does have a good offer.

BABenji
    Participant

ekond111: I’ve booked both for August. Can’t wait. Thanks for the tip.

openfly
    Participant

These BA special fares are very route specific.

If you are travelling from a UK departure point other than London, then it is very worthwhile to check other carriers over a European point rather than London. For example, MAN-CDG-JNB rtn in J is under £2000 …over £500 cheaper than BA…..most of the year on Air France, and that is on the A380 from CDG. LH over FRA is also cheaper on most routes, as with KL. So it is well worth checking when flying from the regions…or even from London.

The ”special” Club fare to CPT is £350 more than last autumn!

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think the fact you only need take a short car trip into LHR, rather than the hassle of changing planes, makes BA well worth any marginal extra cost charged.

openfly
    Participant

VK ……….. I see where you are coming from with folks who are local to London, but when it comes to other parts of the UK then foreign carriers, such as AF and LH, win hands down for business class value and service.

PaulJennings
    Participant

I seem to remember WW saying that if it wasn’t for transfer traffic the wouldn’t bother with domestic flights. I tend to agree with openfly, once you are in somewhere like Manchester or Newcastle, changing in London is not necessarily any more convenient than changing anywhere else. Though in comparing BA with, say, LH, having a flat bed might well make up for other drawbacks.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

While I agree with VK’s basic point on the hassle factor for a few hundred pounds savings, if you are a family, or several people from the same company, the saving added up can be substantial.

Also certain privileges can be granted. Once flying to Hong Kong, 2 pax in F and 6 in C. We were collected by car from the stand of the arriving aircraft, all of us could use the First Class lounge, and we were all transported to the security check before boarding, with the same treatment on the return.

This made transiting hassle free and with a big saving to boot was more than worthwhile.

Viewing 12 posts - 16 through 27 (of 27 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls