BA – Club Europe/Domestic Changes last night

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• peter19
    Participant

As per the article over on HFP: HFP CE/DOM Changes I have had a few notifications from the My Flights App relating to up and coming BA flights

I actually see a few different things depending where I look but at the moment my domestic connection is showing as cancelled on BA – Manage my booking, with a new flight also showing up with the exact same details.
    I have an Amex 2-4-1 booking later in the year booked in Business with a domestic connection and this domestic sector has been put into the Euro Traveler bucket. The outward journey is visible up to row 7 but on the return I can see up to row 4.

I also was tracking prices for an American trip which I got alerted to last night and the prices have all gone up by £1k in economy! I’m not sure if it is as a result of the work they have been doing last night but that’s a fair jump in a few days!

peter19
    Participant

Here is a snippet of the price discrepancies this morning showing on BA website. E / PE / J.

Example fare of a 3 sector flight – one way. UK Domestic/ US International/ US internal

canucklad
    Participant

Morning Peter
    Not sure if this is related to your issue, but just in case
    My corporate booking website had a warning to advise of ongoing issues with BA booking…….

See below…….
    “Unfortunately there is a known system issue with British Airways resulting in some domestic bookings to be automatically and inaccurately cancelled”

If I notice my flight is cancelled I have to contact my booking company direct.

mkcol74
    Participant

@peter19 Another excellent reason to use the MyFlights app/website. I’ve found it invaluable for (mostly BA) changes which happen without any email notification from the airline.

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

I’ve used ‘Flight Track’ (not version 5) for many years and found it to be really useful for just this sort of thing.
    Last week, it simply ceased to work and some digging revealed that the makers, Mobiata, have stopped supporting it without apparent warning.

I’ve been looking to find an alternative to use alongside the excellent ‘Tripit’ and now I think I’ll try this one.

peter19
    Participant

Thanks @canucklad for the info. Maybe it should have been posted on the front page of ba.com on the ticker.

I agree mkcol74 the My Flights app is brilliant – It has easy to find information about the fare buckets and also the aircraft changes. At the time of booking if I have picked specific aircraft etc for a particular trip its a invaluable tool for changes.

As an update to the pricing issue I had earlier this has now been corrected and the prices have been updated to reflect the pricing I was tracking. Seems like there were still quite a few gremlins this morning.
    Quite a few people with 2-4-1 bookings are seeing mixed arrangements in the Domestic sectors following the thread on HFP.

Ah,Mr.Bond
    Participant

Looks like BA have cancelled ALL existing domestic bookings.
    Mine are cancelled for JUL to Glasgow.
    However they have reprotected on exactly the same flights, with an option to cancel and get full refund.
    They have also messed around with the pricing and now also offer CLUB EUROPE for DOMESTICS offering lounge access and FOC bar and 2-2 seating.
    Other fares are cheaper and my original Hand Bag Only fares I booked are now £50 cheaper to rebook!
    Can I get a full refund as this is whats offeres and rebook the same for cheaper?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls