BA Club Europe Seating

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

• BingBongBoy
    Participant

I think, and will have to double check, but we are up to “YI”, you will agree, quite an apt frame to do the Newcastle Shuttle! So, 8 aircraft… Again, I will have to double check.

In general terms, as with anything new. Yes, they are nicer interior, quieter, cleaner and I personally think that the non converter space saver seats are better than the converter seats… But that is just me. I know it had it’s down side in terms of seat width, but the leg room is more due to the seat frame being less etc…

BingBongBoy
    Participant

Just had a quick look… G-EUYJ was registered in the UK on the 28th of October, 2010, however I am not sure if it is in service yet as I have been off work on leave.

Gold-2K
    Participant

The seats are comfortable but build quality of space saver seats is questionable. Got another one of these planes on LHR / LIN yesterday and the back of seat in front of me was flexing quite dramatically as the guy in front of me shuffled around. Not sure the seat would stand the weight of a New Zealand All Black or for that matter a frequent flyer who regularly over indulges in the high fat snacks in the T5 lounges!!!! . I also noticed people were having trouble opening and closing the overhead bins, the quality of the latches didnt feel too good!!!!

BingBongBoy
    Participant

I would be VERY happy to conduct a trial with the New Zealand All Blacks if you are able to arrange that? 🙂

I do agree that they are not as “robust” as the converter seating, but that is sort of the point. They are no where near as heavy as the converter seating, which I would imagine was another contributing factor to the decision.

I do also agree about the lockers. However they are quite easy to open once you know how, but that obviously is an issue as most people don’t see them often. A little push – latch lift – open technique required…

Papabear
    Participant

What’s the cons with the traditional CE seats? Has this been discussed previously?

STORMIN'
    Participant

I flew down to Rome this morning on G-EUYC and that had the convertor CE seating

BingBongBoy
    Participant

Thank you Stormin’… I know it was one of those two… Maybe even the first couple of deliveries may have them.

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls