BA Club Europe seating issues

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)

• Senator
    Participant

craigwatson,

I booked the outbound 3 days in advance. The outbound was last week, and I booked back-to-back tickets as I had two trips over two weeks.

Most of the time when I book by the time I get around to it, the fare difference is roughly £150. Using your example, I would agree with you it is not worth it. However, when I know my plans are fixed and I can use the back to back, I go in Club if it stays within £120-150 range.

I guess we all value things differently, but that is not the same as needing to have my head fixed 🙂

PatJordan
    Participant

A very interesting thread indeed.

A premium class fare is not just about the actual product. There is an added benefit if one is in an elite BAEC member: tier progression, points accumulation to name but two.

Something to bear in mind also is that many pax enjoy the enhanced service and don’t mind paying extra for it. It’s all about choice.

Pat

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

Not sure if there is a sale on for BA, but fares in CE are now available for a whopping 2432 SEK return (around £250) for bookings through Feb 2012 on the ARN-LHR route I need to get my pre-summer schedule arranged so I can take advantage of these fares unless I need to see my shrink 🙂

craigwatson
    Participant

i think you do need to see your shrink!

“but fares in CE are now available for a whopping 2432 SEK return (around £250) for bookings through Feb 2011 on the ARN-LHR route “

considering it is now almost April 2011

Senator
    Participant

craigwatson,

Thanks for the correction. I guess you still disagree with my personal choice of how I spend my money that I earn through my own company. You are of course entitled to your opinion.

It is available obviously until Feb 2012… Once again, as choice is free I find that £250 return from ARN to LHR is a good value for me, so I will buy a few. If it is not for you, you have the choice not to buy.

Post above also corrected.

craigwatson
    Participant

actually for £250 I would probably go for that as well, as it’s only about £100 more than economy, so the benefits are worth it.

Travellator
    Participant

Where are you finding theses fares – are they only ex europe not UK ?

KeaneJohn
    Participant

I used to fly BA CE wherever possible on leisure trips booking a heavily discounted fare. In 2007 to Prague the fare was £200 return including taxes..fairly good value. In 2008, the fare was £280 return..still not bad got to fly through T5 on opening day (missing luggage for 3 months) 2009 fare was £340 return getting expensive but still a good experience and a nice treat though the “afternoon tea” service on the 3pm departure is a bit of a joke.

I didn’t make the trip in 2010 but in 2011 the fare was going to be £448 thats more than double in 4 years. The fuel surcharges and taxes have not gone up that much. My new best friend is Swiss.

Living in South East London I can be at London City within about 20 mins of leaving home, fast check in. Good connection times at ZRH gets me to Prague around about the same time door to door for £340. You can also change this fare for just £50 where the discounted BA CE fares are non refundable and non changeabkle.

Little cuts here, there and the odd strike thrown in doesn’t make BA (CE) as attractive.

I do miss the hot breakfasts from LHR on the morning flights but I am not paying 25% more, (In fact I miss the BMI hot breakfasts on the LHR-CDG route in economy but that was 11 years ago!!

dailytraveller
    Participant

TO BA TRAVELLER2-
    AH! FRONTIER AIRLINES-THOSE WERE THE DAYS,BACK IN 78 WHEN THEY SERVED SHRIMP AND LOBSTER MEALS -FRESH FROM THEIR STOP IN LOUISIANNA!!!BUSINESS TRAVELLERS PAID EXTRA $100 TO HAVE THOSE MEALS

IT’S BEEN A LONG TIME SINCE I DON’T FLY THEM -AND THEY CHANGED BOSSES-BUT THE CONCERN TO THE PAX SEEMS THE SAME

MAY ALL AIRLINES THAT CHARGE MORE LOOK UPON THEM!

biarritzsurf9
    Participant

Travelling on BA 640 this morning to Athens on new A320 aircraft with non adjustable seats in Club Europe. It is a shame that these aircraft are used by BA on the longer flights in Europe.

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Biarritz

Have you experienced the new seats yet? On the Airbus, due to the extra width of the cabin and about an extra 3cms width per seat, I find the experience quite okay on Air Malta, where the middle seat is simply blocked off.

But I’d be interested whether the new BA seats are as uncomfortable as an earlier poster says.

BA lost the plot on CE a while ago and it is crazy that one may encounter several different types of seat on the Athens route.

Potakas
    Participant

I agree..

Although I enjoy flying with those as are the only clean aircraft 😀

On my recent trip report I added later my CE flight to LHR from ATH which was with one of the new A320s, unfortunatly you cannot see any movies or enjoy music which is supposed to be offered on this route.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/discussion/topic/Trip-Report-EDI-JFK-ATH,-on-BA-WT-plus-,CW

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1207553-edi-lhr-jfk-ath-first-job-interview-fters-drinks-first-time-nyc.html

Viewing 12 posts - 46 through 57 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls