BA Club Europe seating issues

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)

• Bill_Hants
    Participant

NTarrant:

How? I don’t see anger in those posting views which might differ from mine.

NTarrant
    Participant

Disgusted – qualifications don’t come into it, people are entitled to express their views as they see them. In saying that I felt Binman was angry is my view, why do you have such a problem with my view? Oh yes of course, its because you don’t like CE and neither does he.

I didn’t attack the person. Binman I am sure will come back and say that either he is or he isn’t angry. I’m not bothered whether he is or not my view is he came across as angry. I am sorry that you find it difficult to understand other people can have a point of view which may be at odds with your so called proffessional view. As to whether I am qualified or not you will never know.

Bill_Hants
    Participant

NTarrant:

“Bill – not at any price? That does depend on your view as to the value of the product and the price tag. One person may feel that a product or service is value for money on what one gets where as another may not. “

No, you misunderstand. No business can chase customers if in so doing it drives itself out of business. In other words, turnover is vanity, profit is sanity.

NTarrant
    Participant

So Bill, you are better than me because you don’t see anger in the posting but I do, even though you may share the same view. Right, I see, so you don’t agree with me so your’e better than me. Okay I have got that.

NTarrant
    Participant

I agree again Bill, but it is about retention of what you already have not chasing new business. It is cheaper to keep what you have than chase new customers.

Disgusted comments on marketing are right “reducing the value in the product is a strange way of doing that” its what I have been saying all along.

Bill_Hants
    Participant

Disgusted:

Agree – BA may have an obvious problem with addressing LH and SH segments simultaneously. Despite the sub brands – CW, CE etc. customer perceptions blur the two and see the weaknesses of CE stick out. An answer would be to split the brands completely, you could call them BOAC and BEA maybe.

It’s one thing that baffles me about Virgin. – dreadful train service and sundry other offerings that somehow doesn’t always tarnish the airline. Maybe customers of one are oblivious of the other.

Bill_Hants
    Participant

NTarrant:
    So Bill, you are better than me because you don’t see anger in the posting but I do, even though you may share the same view. Right, I see, so you don’t agree with me so your’e better than me. Okay I have got that.

Eh, what?
    You seem to have a ‘thing’ about people being better (and/or presumably worse) or more “qualified” than you.

Most of us can respect the views of others even if we don’t agree with them. We don’t infer anger (or any other emotion) in those views purely because we don’t agree with them. Besides as has been pointed out, it’s pretty difficult to do so from just the printed word.

By all means attack the views, but not the person.

Binman62
    Participant

Ntarrant…was not angry but can see why the tone may have caused you to think so.
    JordanD was not intending to be rude but I think it is a fair opinion> each to his own.

There are worst things in the world than a bad flight and this like much else has to be put in perspective. However as a customer paying for a product and finding it sub standard I can complain to the provider ( and I do) and I can comment on it via forums such as this.

It does not mean I belive that my bad flight is more improtant than tsunami, earthquale, nuclear disaster or flood.

I think that the Australian and US models for a short haul buisness product would work in the Europe. A fixed cabin would reduce flexibility certainly but the only BA can say if it would result in higher yields and no doubt they have done the research.
    Iwould

DisgustedofSwieqi
    Participant

Bill

“It’s one thing that baffles me about Virgin. – dreadful train service and sundry other offerings that somehow doesn’t always tarnish the airline. Maybe customers of one are oblivious of the other.”

Most marketeers are cautious about over exposing the brand, but in the case of Virgin, it seems to be a wining strategy!

It baffles me too, but perhaps it is good that we cannot codify everyting to the nth degree?

Bill_Hants
    Participant

Disgusted

It’s an enigma! but there always has to be the exception to the rule.

I do wonder what would happen to the brand if Branson fell out of his balloon one day.

Bill_Hants
    Participant

Fair enough Binman.

I was baiting NTarrant and his vanishing towels vs tsunamis, and good sport that he is, he fell for it.

Customer comments keep companies on their toes – absolutely vital.

NTarrant
    Participant

Cheers Bill, all good fun eh!

Would be interesting what would happen to Virgin if Branson fell out of his balloon. I think that most people consider Virgin as being Branson, the nice guy with a smile.

VintageKrug
    Participant

I think Virgin Atlantic has done a good job with Steve Ridgeway fronting up the airline; the wider group is still vulnerable, but the airline(which is really just a European offshoot of Singapore Airlines) isn’t really at risk from anything happening to Richard.

Senator
    Participant

Dear all,

Sitting in the BA Galleries Lounge waiting for my return flight to Stockholm reading this with amusement. I just realised I need to head straight to the Psychiatric Ward when I return home this evening to have my head examined. Apparently, I suffer from the lethal: “I spend £400 on a BA CE ticket, I must be mad” syndrome 🙂

I think I get an excellent value for £400. Nice snack now in the lounge, nice selection of beverages here, free internet, nice seat, champagne on board, (normally) reasonable food, and quickly off the plan upon arrival in Stockholm.

I hope the ward has a remedy for this illness.. I must come off it…

Skål! 😉

craigwatson
    Participant

ok ill start off by making an assumption.. I assume that you booked this trip a few weeks in advance.

just looking now, if booking a couple weeks in advance you can get an economy ticket for £126 return. So if you think your “Nice snack now in the lounge, nice selection of beverages here, free internet, nice seat, champagne on board, (normally) reasonable food, and quickly off the plan upon arrival in Stockholm” is worth £274 then thats your business, but i feel for myself that that is not good value for money.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 57 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls