BA Club Europe: LHR to Warsaw

Back to Forum
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

• christ
    Participant

My first BA flight for a long time and was sceptical after what was a great Cathay flight overall from HK.

I was overall impressed. The First check in lady was so friendly and interestingly was surprised when I said life very normal in HK and has been for a long time. I really enjoyed chatting to her as she had a good personality and genuinely interested. Also they give out glasses of water whilst checking in. There was no queue for security and was in the first lounge within minutes.

Wow – what chaos the first lounge was v my peaceful Cathay lounge in HK. The food buffet looked ok but was pointless as could not get a table anywhere near the food (well not at all). In the end, I found a stool near the first security entrance and just had a few drinks and crisps. Certainly not a premium experience (actually Wetherspoons near the gate looked more relaxing).

Typically boarding was at the other end (A6) but was fairly efficient. The crew reminded me how much I like BA as there were two guys who were outstanding (well one not so young as he joined mixed fleet at the start and we were joking re the Denver flights which were one of the first). There was a delay due to no catering and so we waited 45 mins or so but bottles of water were handed out (until they ran out as they were using catering from the inbound) and the crew interacted well and made fun of the situation and so people were relaxed.

Drinks were plentiful and nothing ran out. I had the shepherds pie which was very nice. The meal overall was great for a 2hr 30 min flight. I was also lucky as i had row 1 to myself as 1A moved to sit next to a colleague a few rows back.

However I just loved the crew interaction and the super efficient and friendly service.

I was extremely paranoid about my luggage but at Warsaw there was no queue for passport control and by the time i got to the baggage belt my 3 bags were coming out – all within 20 mins of touch down.

I know the club europe seating is weak (but no different than most European airlines) but it shows it is the crew who can make the difference (and I did enjoy my food). Perhaps the biggest let down was the first lounge as i used to really enjoy (no6 as much as Glasgow galleries lounge) – this time I should have gone to the champagne place down the escalators as it would have been more relaxing (I realised this as I was walking to my flight),

I do appreciate Cathay have less flights from HK than say BA from T5 (well I think is the case) – however the contrast in lounges is so large. I could have sat and enjoyed the Cathay lounge for hours but in LHR, I just wanted to board the plane (I used to be one of the latter to board but this time was one of the first)!

7 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls