BA Club Europe – back to the future

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

jetlagged
    Participant

As predicted here a while back… Hopefully this will also reintroduce the “bonus seats” in the front row of Euro Traveller.

Dear,

As you may know, in February this year we changed the seating configuration in Club Europe so that every customer would have an aisle or window seat and benefit from greater privacy. We did this by adjusting the seats and ensuring we kept the middle seat free.

Over the last few months we have asked for feedback about the new seating plan. Many of our customers have told us that, while they like always having the option of a window or an aisle seat, they would prefer to have a little more personal space.

We have taken this feedback on board and will be making further enhancements to our Club Europe cabin by widening the seats and reintroducing the original configuration*, as of 2 September 2009. And to ensure you always sit in an aisle or a window seat we won’t book customers into the middle seat.

We hope that you appreciate this change to Club Europe and will continue to fly with British Airways. We look forward to welcoming you on board soon.

Warm regards,

British Airways

HBHLondon
    Participant

You are quick. I was just about to post this when I saw your entry!

Travellator
    Participant

Took them long enough – was unpopular from day 1.

Now lets get rid of the extended breakfast especially ex Malaga !

FrequentTraveller
    Participant

Hoary!

For my next BA flights I have already booked economy tickets. As the Club seats had been reduced to the same size as economy, the fare difference could not be justified on just a salad. I will start trading up again for the wider seats.

Hess963
    Participant

I received this mail from BA as well. And actually felt great to know that when a lot of BA loyal customers tried their best to pull on one string-like in this matter the seat width- it actually comes to something.
    In this one BA has heard what their customers want.
    And yes, the others calling for an ample breakfast or meal in some European destinations are really needed! You can’t expect Bus Pax paying bus. class fare for a pair of soggy sandwiches or mingy portion . I am actually fed up of eating salad with meat or fish on my Club Europe flights–it remembers of US airlines First Class food offerings!! It is time to be a little bit innovativ in food choices—do not you think BA???

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls