BA Cityflyer

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• PatJordan
    Participant

I needed to fly from Dublin to London City Airport and BA’s schedules were perfect for my needs.

I booked on the BA website using my PC, and had no difficulty in selecting my flights and later took advantage of an offer to upgrade to Club Europe for 69euro. Bearing in mind that booking fast track security and the Dublin Airport lounge separately would have cost 33euro, I felt this was very reasonable.

On arriving at Dublin Airport I found only a couple of passengers ahead of me at the Fast Track security and I was airside within minutes. This was an early Monday morning and there was quite a few people in the terminal, but far less than in pre-pandemic times.

An added bonus flying from Ireland to the UK is the availability of duty free shopping.

The Lounge is situated beside security and checking in is now on the ground floor before entering the lounge. It was a swift and friendly process, albeit with screens separating staff from guests.

A selection of cereals, pastries, snacks, hot and cold drinks are self service, with barista coffee and bar service being served by staff. Seating is carefully arranged to ensure social distancing.

Boarding was very well managed with both front and rear doors open. It was my first time to travel on an Embraer 190 aircraft and I was very impressed with the nice looking leather seats, and particularly with the legroom. In keeping with the pandemic, passengers are asked to wear face coverings at all times except when eating and drinking.

We were airborne quickly, and once at cruising altitude, inflight service began. The Embraer has two cabin crew: one looks after Club Europe, one deals with Economy. In CE a cooked breakfast is offered, which was quite ok. I asked if champagne was available and this was served with a friendly smile, as was the refill I asked for!

It is a short distance from runway to terminal in City Airport and doors were opened promptly. Passengers were deplaned by row numbers and asked to remain seated until their rows were called.

It is only a few steps to the arrivals area and a few more to the DLR.

As one who rarely travels with BA,I was very impressed with this short flight: the aircraft is very comfortable, the staff delivered an excellent service.

8 users thanked author for this post.

Justin Germany
    Participant

Yes the BA Cityflyer services are excellent, I often use them from Düsseldorf and Berlin, which have shorter flight times due to 1) east London location of LCY airport and 2) generally no holding times.

I find the club europe food better on onbound flights from LCY in comparison to the LHR services, perhaps because there is no lounge at LCY in which passengers can eat prior to the flight? The other great thing is that even in economy, there is still a free bar and snack service, combined with good legroom, so it’s still a genuine full-service carrier feel.

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls