BA City Airport to NEW YORK

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Bullfrog
    Participant

Words of advice .. ‘bring your own food’.
    Food portions small and tasteless .. very disappointing.
    Two finger sandwiches for tea ..
    Shameful !

Henryp1
    Participant

We flew BA001 a few weeks ago and found that between the, lounge/gate food and service between LCY and Shannon and then onwards to JFK it was fine, can’t really remember too much about the sandwiches, but we didn’t feel let down or underfed. I guess it’s down to expectations and individual preferences for the amount of catering expected compared to our daily life.

But overall on any airline I never expect to eat better than I would at home etc, or drink premium alcohol that I wouldn’t normally drink at home etc.

AMcWhirter
    Participant

This is flight is Club World only. Surely that catering would only be on the initial leg to Shannon.

atcer28
    Participant

The sandwiches are the 2nd meal on the Shannon outward leg. On the LCY to Shannon leg you only get canapes and drinks. Then you get the usual club meal after Shannon and then a final snack meal of afternoon tea. It all depends on how big your appetite is I guess!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

atcer28 – Thanks for pointing that out.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=802078]Words of advice .. ‘bring your own food’.
    Food portions small and tasteless .. very disappointing.
    Two finger sandwiches for tea ..
    Shameful !

[/quote]

You ate TWO sandwiches? TWO?????

Greedy b@astard – the cruzifier is after you 🙂

FDOS_UK
    Participant

[quote quote=802108]We flew BA001 a few weeks ago and found that between the, lounge/gate food and service between LCY and Shannon and then onwards to JFK it was fine, can’t really remember too much about the sandwiches, but we didn’t feel let down or underfed. I guess it’s down to expectations and individual preferences for the amount of catering expected compared to our daily life.

But overall on any airline I never expect to eat better than I would at home etc, or drink premium alcohol that I wouldn’t normally drink at home etc.

[/quote]

p!ssed?

atcer28
    Participant

It could have been worse in Club Europe they were serving half a sandwich on some flights…. Not sure if they were confused or were just running low!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls