BA CEO Resigns

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1013346]My money is on him going to Easyjet or Ryanair??[/quote]

I’ll take that bet LP , MOL might be daft, but he’s not stupid .
    As for Easyjet , they’ve been trying everything in recent years to improve their customer service, so not sure they’d want an Ultra Low Cost Carrier mentality at the helm !t

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013343][/postquote]

Interesting. I used to work with the current chairman of EZY and can’t see them getting on, but MOL may decide it’s time to take the money and run.

But what about the new money in VS? They might be interested in a bit of cost management for their new baby….

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[quote quote=1013351]I’ll take that bet LP , MOL might be daft, but he’s not stupid .[/quote]

You’re on Canucklad, how about a tenner, done on trust, and the loser donates it to their favorite charity?

1 user thanked author for this post.

transtraxman
    Participant

I can see neither Easyjet nor Ryanair ” touching spoilt goods”. With no disrespect to Alex Cruz personally, I do not see him being employed by a top airline in the present situation. I could see him contracted to serve on a South American airline or even on one of the second ranking airlines in Europe. His best bet would be to be contracted by ITA (the new Alitalia). His experience would be invaliable to them. And his distance from the cupula of political power centres in Italy as well as the cliques (Mafias?) makes him an excellent new face to put in the measures needed in a new Italian airline.
    Good luck to him.

canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=1013476]You’re on Canucklad, how about a tenner, done on trust, and the loser donates it to their favorite charity?[/quote]

Virtual hands shaken — I’ll donate to our local palliative care hospice

Johnnyg
    Participant

[quote quote=1013515]Virtual hands shaken — I’ll donate to our local palliative care hospice[/quote]

That’s a bit of a defeatist attitude !!!

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013343][/postquote]

I thought that was the deal anyway.

The media all reported it as Mr Cruz, who was appointed BA chief in 2016, is to be replaced by Aer Lingus chief executive Sean Doyle but will stay on as non-executive chairman for a transition period before his successor takes on the role.

After a suitable pause the next step will be that all parties have decided its best he leaves immediately.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013546][/postquote]

See my post of 12 October.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013525][/postquote]

😉 😉 But I get Canucklad’s point.

Virtual handshake from me as well Canucklad, and I’ll be donating the equivalent in South African Rand to the “Growing up Without a Father Foundation”, run by a good friend of mine, Charlie Pietersen.

Home

The countdown begins!!!

theworldtraveller
    Participant

Why would EasyJet want Cruz though, when he just tried to emulate everything they already did !

Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013584][/postquote]

The dynamics between Cruz and Stelios would be interesting to watch though.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013586][/postquote]

Stellios is not on the board. But the chairman would not tolerate him.

Johnnyg
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013588][/postquote]

No, but he is a major shareholder and a thorn in the side of the board!!!

Polly
    Participant

Former BA
    Astonishing good service from BA recently. All agents l have dealt with are fully informed re refund process. Willingness to help, problem solve, transfer flights changing our 241 HKG F to SEA F/J without a murmur, just can’t believe it. Saving us half the avios in the process. Things may be looking up customer service wise at BA, who knows?

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1013601][/postquote]

Not sure. He sold a big chunk after his “coup” failed. The CEO runs the operation. The Chairman manages the shareholders.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 31 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls