BA Cancelled flights and seat reservations

Back to Forum
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

• Ade999
    Participant

We booked a flight and paid for our seat selection in club the same time as booking the flights, two days later we received notice that the flight had been cancelled, we logged on and changed to an earlier flight, but seat reservations now wanted us to pay the higher price when you pay after initial booking of the flight.
    Anyone else had this situation, seems a good way of earning a bit extra cash and can’t get through to BA.

RoyJones
    Participant

I had the same problem with Air Malta. I paid for seats then they changed them. Trying to change the new seats on-line they wanted a new fee. After a couple of emails, carefully explaining what alternative(s) were acceptable, I got those seat allocations. Some inconvenience but alls well that ends well.

1 user thanked author for this post.

mancvboy
    Participant

We had return flights booked Man-LHR-Bcn for Sept booked since last November. Last wednesday received e-mail at mid day cancelling the man-lhr leg and return with no alternative bookings offered. Manage my booking would not let me change the flights – I would get so far then get the usual ” There is a problem, please contact BA” but of course you couldn’t. Spent the rest of wednesday and then thursday morning trying to get through, finally managing to get an agent about 11.45 who then took some 30 mins to amend the booking to two complete return flights with connections at no extra cost. Confirmatory email received 12.45 and Manage my booking showed the new booking and allowed me to book seats. Another e-mail from BA at 13.45, 1hour after the confirmation, cancelled one of the bcn-lhr flights. At that stage I gave up, rang BA again and cancelled all the flights with a full refund, and have now booked direct flights with Jet2 at a lower cost !
    And incidentally the exclusive line for Silver card holders has been withdrawn and you have to wait in the normal queue.

DavidSmith2
    Participant

I had cancelled flights in May (2 x Accra-London-Accra) for which I received 2 vouchers. The email said that I would have to phone BA in order to use them – it wasn’t possible to use them via ba.com . So last week I called…and I waited…and I waited, for around 90 minutes, in a queue. But then, as I had also paid separately for seat reservations and then had upgraded one leg using points, they said I needed to speak with the Avios Dept. So I was transferred to them, who said it was a cash booking so not for them and transferred me somewhere else. They then confirmed it was the avios department who should sort it. Finally, back with the avios dept after 2.5 hours, I was put on hold…. and cut off.

After a stiff drink, I called again on the main number and the gentleman there sorted me out at the first time of asking. I just wish I had got through to him on the first call.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls