BA – Can I delay claiming my tier points

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• Anonymous

TheMidasGold
    Participant

I am currently a BA gold member and have already exceeded 1500 tier points to renew my gold membership next May.

I have no interest in earning more tier points to secure a gold upgrade for 2 or other worthless reward, so my question is this…

BA state you can claim air miles and tier points for up to 6 months after you have taken a flight. If I do not enter my executive club number for my bookings between now and April, can I then simply back-claim in my new membership year and enjoy the tier points that usually would have gone to waste?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Senator
    Participant

I don’t think so. The Tier Points and Avios should fall to the date of actual travel. What happens in actual facts once a new year start, I don’t know.

LuganoPirate
    Participant

I can confirm what Senator says. This has happened to me with both Swiss and BA. In each case the miles / points were credited when earned and made no difference to the next year’s qualifying round.

Gold-2K
    Participant

The tier points will be credited to the date of the flight. So no advantage delaying claiming until after your renewal date.

Switzerlanding
    Participant

At least they’ll count towards ‘lifetime’ points, also if you didn’t register the card no use of the lounge or free seat allocation…

NTarrant
    Participant

Earlier this year I had to put in a claim for Avios and tier points through BA Exec for a flight I took on Cathay Pacific. By the time I received the points and avios I had gone over the end of year, it wouldn’t have made any difference to my status.

When the points and avios were added the points were deducted straight away

ViajeroUK
    Participant

With Flying Blue (KLM/AF) any points earned over the threshold for tier levels at end of year are carried over to the following year.

For example UK residents need 40,000 tier points for Gold, 70,000 for Platinum, earn 50,000 and you have Gold for following year with 10,000 points already for that years tier points, bit more flexible than BAEC

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls