BA call center positive experience

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

• nevereconomy
    Participant

Having often enough voiced my negative experiences of BA I must give credit where due. I have always had excellent experience with the BA call center here – I believe it is in Newcastle ? Very friendly and always have done everything possible to help. I recently had an issue where no online award booking was possible and the person I spoke with did lengthy availability checks and even called me back to avoid my having to wait on line. Far ahead of their US operations.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

That’s good, but I believe that call centres are currently under review.

It’s quite expensive to spend a lot of time on one customer’s needs, so it might not be sustainable to maintain that service level in the future, no doubt Mr Cruz will be keeping a careful eye on the cost of exceeding customer expectations.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

I have never had a problem with the BA call centre. Staff have always been helpful, polite and willing to call me back.

The problem for me has been being able to get to the point of speaking to one of the helpful people, working the call centre…

Hanging on listening to music etc, for “long .. sometimes very long… periods” is the problem with the BA call centre…

openfly
    Participant

Looks like the rumours are true. Snr Cruz is set to close down the UK call centres in Manchester and Newcastle to cut costs. Such a shame as they are generally the most consistently pleasant and helpful staff in BA…particularly with regard to Golds.
    The Indian call- centre is apparently taking the jobs to save money.
    One has to ask if the CEO, and members of the board, could be replaced by cheaper options based in India! It might also save a fortune……

nevereconomy
    Participant

With BA it seems every day another shoe falls. I have not had the greatest success dealing with the call center in India which I sometimes seem to get….

esselle
    Participant

So far they have not enhanced the call centre experience by making you pay for the call, or have they?

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

Esselle

As an agent they charge you the privilege of 55p per minute to call them for them to come back and say – Computer says no. A joke really. Apparently that only covers a 3rd of the cost. considering the billions the trade produce for BA you might call that a cost of business.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they started charging on a 10p/20p per minute basis and just cut you off if no one available to talk to. Then a £25 service fee for making a booking, £35 for a seat, £120 for extra baggage, £5 for a sandwich, £7 for a G&T and then you might have a bit of change left for the return flight.

esselle
    Participant

TimFitzgeraldTC

Great summary……and that is why I haven’t bought a revenue ticket from BA for many moons. Happy to burn Avios because I’ve got several trillion, but money…..never.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Tim, when I was involved in a business where firms made us call premium cost numbers to call them, we did exactly the same and set up a premium rate number for them to call us.. it worked better for us than it did for them…

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls