BA cabin crew..self-inflated opinions

Back to Forum
Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

• openfly
    Participant

Hey girls and guys…read the initial post!
    This is NOT a complaint about the official safety briefings…the briefings as laid down by the CAA and the BA company manuals. All the PA announcements are in the cabin crew manual. Of course we all watch them to refresh ourselves…it would be silly not to!
    What I am complaining about is the self-ingratiating remarks we have to endure telling us how ”good/ superb/ excellent we, the cabin crew are, or have been for this flight”. I dont have to put up with Tescos, MnS, John Lewis telling me over their PA systems how good their staff are….so why do BA crew have to do it!??

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Agreed Opengly – where is the response from a Virgin or BA CSD! (infact you never hear anything from Virgin crew on these blogs. Has Dickie given them a gagging order).

openfly
    Participant

MartynS…so true about VS crew….not a word. (perhaps they cant write!!)
    In fact, apart from a comment about the ash, there has been very little from Dickie B for months. Must be losing his touch….or hoping to stay afloat in these difficult times. I bet his cabin crew aren’t thinking of striking……..

Bigflyer
    Participant

“openfly – 24/05/2010 21:12 GMT -MartynS…so true about VS crew….not a word. (perhaps they cant write!!).
    With all due respect, I find that comment quite rude and out of order, whether is a joke or not.
    Business people don’t want to be put in the same bag (ie: arrogant, rude, think-they-know-better… ) so why do you have to do that with the VS crew??
    Also you’ll be surprise to know how many connecting passengers ask which terminal the plane is landing because they have another flight to catch, so a reminder at landing helps a lot.

Bigflyer
    Participant

And I don’t work for VS.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Bigfly – I think the point being made by my fellow blogger is that VS crew rarely contribute to this blog. The “cant write” comment, whilst not made by me, does not really constitute a yellow card offence. Lighten up a little.

Bigflyer
    Participant

Hi Martyn, I can understand trying to make that point, it’s only the way it was said, that’s all.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

perhaps you can encourage some of your VS friends to make contributions. This forum does seem to lack a the Virgin touch (whether Heathrow or Gatwick crew).

Bigflyer
    Participant

I don’t know anyone that works for VS…

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls