BA Cabin Crew Strike – Consolidated Thread

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 500 total)

• Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

austline
    Participant

This is all very sad, I am currently in the BA First lounge at Heathrow waiitng on my flight to Abuja, had a superb flight up on QF via HKG and no problems transfering from T3 to T5 – fast track worked and F lounge very nice. What a pity I haven’t got the confidence to do this routing again in March, much prefer to use OW but just can’t risk it, I wonder how many other business travellers feel this way..

GTR_Skyline
    Participant

Most of my business flights from March to May 2010 have been changed to other carriers…..

VintageKrug
    Participant

I assume these are fully flexible anyway?

Expat_Consultant
    Participant

Austline

I feel the same way as you and have recently booked Star Alliance instead of BA.

David
    Participant

You’re not alone Austline, Expat_Consultant, GTR_Sykline…

I have just booked my March travel (separate trips to Bangkok, Dubai, Mumbai) on alternative carriers. At nearly 8K GBP, this is revenue BA could have surely used.

JordanD
    Participant

And so it escalates. BA stick it to the Cabin Crew – strike and you may lose benefits, including cheap family & friends flights and “a lower standard of hotels” for nightstops.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/8475910.stm

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

Binman62
    Participant

geohoveuk… in any case, staff travel puts bums on seats and is a neat source of pocket money for BA.

Having read your views on the and in particular your last one, I have to tell you that you are wrong as well as seriously ill informed. Staff Travel barely covers it’s costs for BA and indeed the tax liability, which BA picks up for it’s staff, probably costs the firm money. Staff travel for most staff is a perk, it is certainly not a contractual obligation. Crew use it to allow themselves to live the sort of lives most dream of. Take any domestic flight and yoiu will see crew using these services to commute. Other live all over Europe.
    This is a proportionate response from a business that is being held to ransom and whos very existance is put in jeopardy by a minority of staff and crw ed by reactionary 1970 though back unions.

I should add that in the event of any planned industrial action, all staff in BA will be banned from using staff travel as they have in the past. The only exception…..commuting crew……

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

GTR_Skyline
    Participant

For the sake of passengers, staff, families, BA’s global reputation, BA’s share price, etc…lets hope these issues get resolved in a mutually acceptable manner bearing in mind the current economic climate, the sacrifices we are all having to make with our respective employers, etc, etc

Account_Deleted
    Participant

Account deleted

CathayLoyalist
    Participant

The impact of forward bookings is already weighing heavily on BA. No one is going to risk BA between say end Feb – mid/end Mar as these are the likely strike days wndow, given ‘Unite’ has said they will not a call a strike over Easter. So assuming the vote is for strike action then the uncertainity of when is considerable. BA has aleady extended it’s Worldwide Sales offer to Feb 9th from Jan 26th.

As good as some offers are and some are very good in all three classes plus refunds will be offered in the event of cancelled flights that is no ‘compensation’ for a missed business deal, meeting etc.

VintageKrug
    Participant

BA has, historically, always extended its (not it’s) January sale by an additional week beyond the originally stated dates.

http://www.ba.com/sale

omanpat
    Participant

can anyone tell me what happens if I use my air miles to buy a flight (and also pay for a hotel on my own expense) and then the flight is cancelled due to strike action? Will BA pay for all my lost expenses? I doubt it…but what are (if any) my rights here? I don’t want to loose hard earned air miles.

Viewing 15 posts - 151 through 165 (of 500 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls