BA cabin crew contract coronavirus on long haul flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

• canucklad
    Participant

[quote quote=996098]Maybe its just a case of Martyn Sinclair doesn’t understand why this is deemed as low risk or no risk. I would happily be educated by anyone wishing to do so…[/quote]

You’re not the only one !

The 2 words, messages and mixed pop into my head

canucklad
    Participant

And now the sad news that 2 Border Force personnel based at Heathrow have passed away.
    Always worth remembering that behind every statistic is a life story sadly terminated prematurely
    sympathies to the families concerned

SimonS1
    Participant

[postquote quote=996098][/postquote]

Exactly, but since all experts in this area are quite busy at the moment we can only be cognisant of what Heathrow Airport has stated: according to PHE’s medical, clinically informed, and evidence driven approach to identify those at risk, temperature checks are not a required or effective way of keeping the public safe. The most efficient and proven measures to combat the spread of this virus is for people to regularly wash their hands thoroughly and apply the government’s social distancing rules.

I can understand why the question gets raised, however I think we can all be reasonably sure that the question may have been raised and discussed at a senior level already.

And as the case of Zaandam has shown, there are some difficult choices to be made.

Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls