BA booking system – Beware

Back to Forum
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

• SwissExPat
    Participant

A warning to those booking directly on the BA website.

I was making a booking for June of next year and selected my outward sector (ZRH to the USA) in Premium Economy for CHF475 and return sector (reverse) for CHF 399 and then clicked through to the next page. Their system says “calculating your price” and then the total appears as CHF 1,400. I tried to repeat this and was able to replicate the “bug”. On some of the days either side of my initial booking, the correct sum of the 2 flights selected was calculated as the Total price. In the end I changed my outward day of travel and got the sub CHF1,000 “correct” fare. Picking random days either side resulted in the mispricing reappearing and with some it did not.

So beware to check the TOTAL PRICE page against the sum quoted/indicated when you selected your original individual flights.

[These flights were AA operated flights, if this makes a difference, I don’t know. What I did notice when planning this trip was that up to a day ago, the price for identical flights were approx. twice as expensive on the BA website as compared with the American website. This was annoying because I wanted to use a BA voucher (covid related) but obviously this was not acceptable on the AA website. Then when I looked yesterday, BA website was quoting the same price for the AA operated flight so I was able to use the voucher, thankfully!)

cybertravller
    Participant

I saw something very similar on JAL when dummy booking flights from London to Tokyo.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls