BA Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner on sale to Delhi

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• oneworldflier101
    Participant

JamesBAGold – your reply saying your flight was empty sounds like its more loads than yields to me.

AspirationalFlyer2
    Participant

On a related but separate note the 787-900 is available for booking to Abu Dhabi and Muscat. I have just booked a ticket to Abu Dhabi for £350 in November, with upgrades available (at least for my flights) to World Traveller Plus for £180 through Manage my Booking. The only downside in my opinion is the 2:45am departure time on the return.

JamesBAgold
    Participant

“oneworldflier101 – 18/07/2015 22:22 BST
    JamesBAGold – your reply saying your flight was empty sounds like its more loads than yields to me.”

Indeed oneworldflier101. It was in response to the comment to you above I copied from MarkivJ where he said that “I don’t think loads is ever a problem in India”. On this flight there was a huge problem with loads from India!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

Yes, the B787-900 will be heading to AUH/MCT from November.

“The only downside in my opinion is the 2:45am departure time on the return [from AUH].”

I agree, AspirationalFlyer2. But flight schedules to/from the Gulf are mainly aimed at maximising available connections over the hub which, in this case, is LHR.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

@JamesBAGold

A few months ago BA recalibrated their pricing to become the most expensive carrier between Delhi and the UK/US. The Indian market is quite price sensitive, and I’m not surprised if their loads are down. Earlier, their flights were packed. Anyway it would be nice to see some new equipment on this route. We’ve had more than our fair share of clapped out 747s and the older 777s with 8″ screens in First!

Cheeryguy
    Participant

The 8 inch screens in F disappeared about 3 years ago FYI.

EasternPedlar
    Participant

@ Cheeryguy – Delighted to hear that :). I can still remember those push down screens very clearly. Very trendy when they first came out, but best forgotten now!

Cheeryguy
    Participant

Sadly the picture quality was actually better compared to the new ones. 😉

MarkivJ
    Participant

EasternPedlar, same story w.r.t pricing for BA flights to BLR also. LH is by far the cheapest (yes, even cheaper than EK) on J class. BA is the most expensive followed closely by AF. That said, even to this day, BA’s J class is always full. When I had asked a few devout BA fliers why they still choose BA despite the price, they said it had the best US connections of them all.

oneworldflier101
    Participant

Advice please.

I have a return LHR-MUMBAI in January Avios Booking in First for 2. Back in July the return on a Sunday was downgraded from 4 class 777 to 3 class 777 and our seats in First were downgraded to Club.

This week the outbound has now also been downgraded the same way (was thinking maybe the 777 was needed at Gatwick).

I was looking to switch to LHR-DEL instead to try First on the 787-9. Some days there is only 1 Avios seat. I have put in the normal (cash booking) engine to see how many seats are available in total. If you do so e.g. Delhi to London 31 Jan on 787-9 it lets you book 9 seats in First. I thought there were only 8? Am I losing it or have BA got the number of seats on the 787-9 wrong on their website as the seat map shows 8?

Thanks.

DerekVH
    Participant

There are only 8 First seats on the 787-9, you had better check they have not changed that flight back to a 777.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls