BA Boeing 787-9 Dreamliner on sale to Delhi

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)

• Anonymous

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

From today, the new Boeing 787-9 will be available to book for flights to flights to Delhi, from the 25 October 2015.

Customers flying to Indira Gandhi International Airport from London Heathrow with British Airways will now enjoy the latest Boeing 787-9 aircraft with state-of-the-art British design features. Specifically designed for the 787-9, our First cabin has just eight seats, compared to the usual 14; extra storage space and a single dial to control seat recline, headrest, lumbar adjustment and lighting. It also features a larger screen on which to enjoy the latest films and TV programmes, as well as new touchscreen handset.

The flights will operate five times a week on the BA257 from Heathrow to Delhi on Mondays, Wednesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays and the BA256 from Delhi to Heathrow on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays.
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

With just 8 seats in the First Class cabin, BA should be able to make it feel really special. I await reports from those of you who get to fly in this rather exclusive part of the aeroplane!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

oneworldflier101
    Participant

I have a return in First booked on BA to Mumbai next Jan – today it has the way back has been downgraded to Club World as it looks like BA198 will not have First Class any more on some days (eg 31 Jan / 1 Feb). Just poor loads to Mumbai or a new plane due without First?

Carajillo2Sugar
    Participant

Alex – my apologies. I did try a search before I posted and obviously missed it in all the excitement!

BA744fan
    Participant

AUH, MCT & KUL to follow before the end of 2015 too. KUL is a big bonus as it replaces the 772 with old premium product & IFE.

openfly
    Participant

Interesting that in the new First seat you “” can watch one film on the handset and another on the screen” !!! You have got to be clever….

MarkivJ
    Participant

oneworldflier101 – I don’t think loads is ever a problem in India. It’s more about yields! Perhaps they’d rather allot aircraft that carry more of F and J to higher yield routes.

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Sounds good but the timings are critical

MarkivJ
    Participant

I was under the idea that the 789 would replace their daily 747 but looks like it’s only replacing the 772.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

“our First cabin has just eight seats, compared to the usual 14″…

Will this mean more, less or exactly the same floor area per seat?

JamesBAgold
    Participant

“oneworldflier101 – I don’t think loads is ever a problem in India. It’s more about yields! Perhaps they’d rather allot aircraft that carry more of F and J to higher yield routes”

I flew back from Delhi last Thursday on BA256 in Club on a 777-300. The flight was virtually empty. There were only around three people in First and in Club I could only see six of us although one or two more (at most) may have been hidden behind their dividers.

On landing at a remote stand the entire flight travelled back to T5 filling a single bus with space to spare.

AisleSeatTraveller
    Participant

Dreamliner to KL, does the schedule allow a tag to Jakarta? is there enough traffic between KL and Indonesia to justify (or do the Indonesians prefer their 2nd national airline thru Singapore)?

DerekVH
    Participant

I am booked to travel to KL in December in F. I have just received a message from BA to advise a slight time change (by 15 minutes) and on checking my seat I can see the aircraft as been changed to a 787-9. The seating is 1-2-1 in two rows. Something to look forward to.

Str8Talking
    Participant

Interesting and not unexpected to see 787-9 replacing a number of 777-200 routes. 777-200s are now replacing many 747 flights, I imagine enabling further fleet retirement. Most of the W15 LHR-JFK flights are now operated by 777-200s where previously most were operated by 747s!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls