BA boarding procedure and changes to carry-on

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)

• LuganoPirate
    Participant

I forget who, but one airline advertised no weight restriction, as long as you can put it in the locker unaided!

openfly
    Participant

@Bigdog If, after the doors are closed, there are pax standing sorting hand baggage out, the crew normally nip into the flight deck to inform the captain to inform him of the situation. The skipper will normally hold the push-back until all the pax are seated and secure. If it means missing the slot then so be it. Better than injuring a standing pax during the push-back if the tug-driver has to stop quickly….and all the paperwork!

Regarding help from cabin crew to lift a very heavy bag into the locker…definitely not. The pax who brought it onto the aircraft puts it in the locker! If they can’t…..it goes in the hold.

The hand baggage situation is out of control. The UK CAA should have more input into the problem. But, of course, Big Airways has a considerable control over them and it just won’t happen, sadly.

LP….the BA limit is 23kgs and EasyJet is still unlimited, I think…..ridiculous!!

BigDog.
    Participant

In a perfect world you are correct openfly, however when there is an increased use of targets, tighter turnaround times then the reality is things get compromised.

canucklad
    Participant

Was on A TK flight at IST heading to EDI and the pushback was well under way and the cabin crew were still mediating between two ” I’ve bought and brought the whole Grand bazaar back with me” passengers.

Why they where ever allowed on-board, only TK ground staff at Ataturk know !

ConstantFlyer
    Participant

I do wonder sometimes just what it is that people have to take so much of and why. I recently did a whizzy work trip round Eastern Europe, visiting eight countries in 10 days. One little wheelie as hand luggage; one suit and one coat, both with capacious pockets; and several padded envelopes. The latter were filled with papers and small acquired items from the meetings, and dispatched back to HQ by post. Most were waiting for me when I got back, and the rest arrived soon after.

Viewing 5 posts - 61 through 65 (of 65 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls