BA Best and Worst

Back to Forum
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

• esselle
    Participant

As consistently inconsistent as ever.

LHR-AGP in C
    BA at their very best.
    The two crew operating the Club cabin were warm, engaging, vigilant and busy. Their focus was 100% on their passengers. Empty glasses filled, service prompt and trays cleared once finished with. Nothing too much trouble.

AGP-LGW in C
    BA at their very worst.
    The two crew operating the Club cabin were disinterested and lacking in any sort of concern for their passengers. Why stand up straight when you can lean on a wall. With you in a minute, just topping up my lippy. No offer of top ups, trays cleared eventually. Everything too much trouble.

Mr Doyle, if you are reading this you need to come up with a plan. Such disparity in service quality is really not good. The ex LHR experience could not have been better. Your LGW crew shame the BA brand.

FDOS
    Participant

CAI-LHR in Club Europe. 30 mins late departing, but suspect this was ATC driven.

4 hours 58 minutes sitting in a seat with 30.4″ pitch – very unpleasant. No pre-breakfast drinks run, but crew did get first meals out in around 30 mins after takeoff and offered a drink from the trolley. No proactive top up noticed after that (though I slept for an hour, so may have missed some). Strangely, all CE pax offered small bottle of water about 45 mins before landing. English breakfast was decent, but small.

This did not meet my criteria for the comfort level needed for a mid-haul business class flight. The fact there was not enough space to use a laptop says it all.

LHR-MAN in CE. 2 hours 24 minutes late, including a return to stand to deal with baggage/cargo issues. I don’t know how to describe this other than as an incompetent despatch.

Crew arrived only about 20 mins before STD, never going to work. Usual nonsense with hand luggage, lots of people bribed to check in bags for pre-boarding, so priority boarding in CE becomes meaningless.

Finally baggage delivery took so long, I missed my booked train and had to wait for the next one – my bag must have been one of the last on the carousel, despite the prominent priority tag, which those in the know will recognise as pure fluff, since BA does not offer priority bag delivery.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This airline offers poor value for money and poor performance and I’ll be using a different carrier for the next meeting, in October.

4 users thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Can BA get any worse ?

2 users thanked author for this post.

DannyBoy
    Participant

I prefer the LGW lounges to LHR.

Not sure if anyone heard but earlier in the week BA and QR signed a new expansion. It was interesting to read Al Bakers comments.

BRITISH AIRWAYS AND QATAR AIRWAYS COMPLETE EXPANSION TO FORM THE LARGEST AIRLINE JOINT BUSINESS

Qatar Airways Group Chief Executive, His Excellency Mr. Akbar Al Baker, said: “The growing collaboration between Qatar Airways and British Airways shows our customers our common goal to offer an unparalleled network with unique benefits. Travellers can now experience the best in quality and service as they travel across our joint network. The joint business between our airlines cements both Qatar Airways and British Airways as industry leaders, aiming to provide the utmost flexibility and unrivalled connectivity to our customers.”

https://mediacentre.britishairways.com/news/26092022/british-airways-and-qatar-airways-complete-expansion-to-form-the-largest-airline-joint-business?ref=Home

FDOS
    Participant

Travellers can now experience the best in quality and service as they travel across our joint network.

Shall we start a poll for which carrier might deliver the best quality and service?

It could be a cunning plan by Al-Baker to show BA customers what quality and service looks like, to encourage defection.

Or will they equalise the service, by issung QR staff with a random algorithm generator that decides which part of the service (like the Y food on my recent flight) is not loaded?

1 user thanked author for this post.

christ
    Participant

If you do not like BA why fly them – you get lounge access etc and BA crew very good. Not like Cathay for short hops which are 5 * the price. B e grateful.

esselle
    Participant

[postquote quote=1234318]

Christ, I didn’t know I could fly CX from a UK airport to AGP.

And I do like BA, but wish they could be a touch more consistent!

1 user thanked author for this post.

cwoodward
    Participant

Christ, What please is your motivation to attempt to mislead re Cathay by continually posting this unsupported nonsense re ticket pricing that you continually do?

As you well know Cathay as a highly rated full service airline is able to fill its aircraft at market price while some other airlines need to offer heavily discounted seats in order to attract customers.

With 69 passenger airlines currently flying to HK (and more again every month) it is not as if there is not plenty of choice.
    I would suggest that if you don’t want to pay Cathays price you buy a cheap ticket on an airline that is desperate for business rather than bang on about Cathays pricing.

BA crew good ? The jury seems defiantly out on that one from the many postings on this forum.

2 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls