BA: Be Part Of The ‘We Are Executive Club’ Ad Campaign & Earn 1,000 Avios

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

• Anonymous

continentalclub
    Participant

Just received an invitation by email to upload a picture of continentalclub‘s crumpled visage to a BA microsite, with a chance to be included in a mosaic montage-type ad, very similar to the Delft tile idea that KLM ran a few months ago.

Submissions must be made by 31 January 2012, and only by and of members over 18 years of age.

The first 1,000 photos to be used will, apparently, have their owners gifted 1,000 Avios each. Full details at:

http://tidd.ly/8a630399

BlackTower
    Participant

Photocopy of bottom submitted.
    1000 avios is an insult, it should be 10000

superchris
    Participant

Agree. Wouldnt put my mush to a BA ad for 1000 Avios!

PatJordan
    Participant

Have to agree with BlackTower and superchris.

1,000 Avios is far too low.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Where’s your sense of fun and adventure. The pictures are going to be so small………………..

Rather than the Avios points, BA should offer to donate a £ sum per picture to a designated charity to enable those less fortuante the opportunity to travel.

Binman62
    Participant

Both wife and I tried lat night repeatedly. Pictures either to big or too small. Gave up in the end as could not get them just perfect for BA. Perhaps they only want beautiful people.

JohnnyEnglish
    Participant

My reaction was the same – 1,000 ‘Avios’ is next to useless, and almost insulting. I would have been happier to volunteer for zero, or as Martyn suggests, a charitable donation.

Doesn’t look like many business travelers will take up the offer, so BA will likely end up with a montage of holidaymakers…

BeckyBoop
    Participant

ohhh yes please!!!… now which pic will it be?!?!?! 😉

Martyn you can always donte your miles to charity… cant you? xx

MartynSinclair
    Participant

BB – absolutely right I can.

1000 points x 1000 pictures = 1,000,000 miles. Now thats a good charitable donation and well worth 1000 smiley faces, or rather 999 smiley faces and Blacktowers bottom!

Happy days…

JordanD
    Participant

Seriously? Why the negativity? I uploaded my photo first time, no problem. If I get the 1000 extra Avios, brilliant, if not, nae bother.

BeckyBoop
    Participant

negativity?.. because its BA sweet and asian and mid east airlines do it so much better…lol 😉 xx

So its settled all forum members will take up the offer will donate your miles!!! xxx

Swissdiver
    Participant

Uploaded for the fun, not for the miles. That said, agree with the charity arguments.

MartynSinclair
    Participant

Happily donate my 1000 for pic.

However, it works far better if it was going to be 1000 donations for 1000 pics. Pays for at least 15 – 20 longhaul’s or around 50 shorthauls for the smiley kids!!

Wonderful thought, but unlikely BA will support…..

BeckyBoop
    Participant

This is chicken feed amongst most of you lot esp the Gold card holders can donate at least doouble/treble this?

Why shouldnt BA support this they can put it towards the Dreamflight charity i think BA supports, any one with connections at BA .. Honestcrew perhaps… can you suggest this to the board?.

xx

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls