BA / Bangkok Airlines Agreement – help!

Back to Forum
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

• Anonymous

BA744fan
    Participant

Recently booked a family trip to Phuket for the end of October and the BA flights only take me as far as Bangkok which means I have to book separate Bangkok – Phuket flights which will add £400 extra to the trip.

If I had booked the week before, I could have flown straight through to Phuket for no extra cost as BA had an agreement with Bangkok Airways.

I have some questions:
    1. Is the agreement just a seasonal one? If so, it doesn’t make sense as the winter is the busiest time for tourist traffic to Thailand.
    2. If it is not seasonal, is it just a question of waiting for BA to load their winter schedule?
    3. If BA do continue the agreement, will I automatically be booked on to the BKK – HKT flights?

I don’t want to shell out £400 for the domestic legs if there is a chance BA will extend their agreement.

Any inside knowledge would be welcome.

TimFitzgeraldTC
    Participant

As far as I’m aware there is the BA codeshare to Phuket until the 25th October 2014 – nothing is loaded beyond this point. This may be because the agreement expires then for BA flight numbers on Bangkok Airways flights. If they do extend this agreement then if you amend your ticket you would pay the applicable change fees. You would not automatically be put on these flights (though you could ask BA nicely the most likely answer is no).

BA744fan
    Participant

It just seems to be a bit unfair. I booked a flight & hotel package with BA but they will only fly me to Bangkok, leaving me to make my own arrangements to get to Phuket.

If I went a week earlier, I’d be flown to Phuket for no extra cost!

AMcWhirter
    Participant

BA744fan – It might seem like hard lines but that’s one drawback when booking so far ahead. Anyone booking a flight for end October must consider it is subject to two timetable changes.

On the plus side when you book far ahead you do get the dates of your choice which is beneficial if you are redeeming FFP miles.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls