Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

RoadKing
    Participant

I recently had the pleasure of experiencing the new BA business class on a trip to Los Angeles.
    It really was a great experience, however, there was one thing I was quite annoyed about.
    When you pay some thousand pounds for travelling, it is the last thing I want to experience, that there are commercials before the movie.
    I hate commerical TV because of all the breaks. If I fly (which I never do) with Ryanair and its like, I would expect no less, and I can understand that their money have to come from somewhere.
    But entertainment in British Airways Business Class Audio Video On Demand being financed with commercials???? Hello???

Am I the only one that find this annoying?

Would have been interesting to know what BA defends this with.

AlfieNeto
    Participant

On my last trip to LAX with BA, the new AVOD didnt work either! Funny enough!

FrDougal
    Participant

To be honest the 3 or 4 minutes that the advertisement lasted is nothing, at least your AVOD worked (which despite BA management claiming a recent success rate of 99.42% regarding AVOD reliability) without a hitch. This is very rare as the majority of flights seem to require system reset after system reset!!!

Fast forward through the ads, thats the beauty of AVOD!

StewartKidd1
    Participant

Virgin AVOD reliability is equally suspect – ex LHR/Miami a couple of weeks ago there were multiple resets (5 minutes each time) and I had to move seats to use AVOD

VintageKrug
    Participant

Though AVOD is getting more reliable, if it does fail, make sure you write in – at the least you should receive some Shop On Board vouchers (I had £75) or a few thousand BA Miles in compensation.

Use the online form and include all your details, without ranting, and wait up to 30 days for a response.

jpmex98
    Participant

I recently flew MEX-LHR and LHR-MEX on new BA Club, AVOD was not as good as others (SQ, CX for example), selection is limited, and on both flights while watching a movie, suddenly it stoped and reseted, ahving to start all over again.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls