British Airways Avios seats

Back to Forum
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

• john
    Participant

Would welcome thoughts and any “ intel” on when/if BA might release additional AVIOS seats on flights from western USA ( LAX SFO etc) onto LHR before May 1st What do we need to do to snatch 2 FC seats (or BC) using a BA companion voucher ……thanks for your help

DerekVH
    Participant

Given the vast reduction in the number of aircraft with F seats, I would say the chances of getting F availability for an Avios flight 3 months away is ZERO. F in AVIOS usually has to be booked 355 in advance.

NickGates
    Participant

Have you tried using “seatspy.com”, it can advise of newly released seats via it’s alert service.

1 user thanked author for this post.

ASK1945
    Participant

[postquote quote=1203087]

………….. and for Business Class (esp for popular long-haul, eg USA-UK). he should try World Traveller Plus – there’s a better chance, but he shouldn’t “hold his breath”.

john
    Participant

Have not availed myself of ‘seatspy’. Will do so. Thanks for this helpful post

Nogbad01
    Participant

If you are BA Gold and have enough Avios, you can use double the Avios to get a seat when there is no availability. You can’t use in conjunction with the companion voucher though, and the booking needs to be at least 30 days in the future

openfly
    Participant

…….but only in Y?!

Nogbad01
    Participant

No, in all classes. I just did this for a first trip.
    They automatically open up more Y seats if you are Gold, you dont need to use the double Avios thing

cotswoldsw
    Participant

If you have one of the new Premium Plus companion vouchers available to you, i.e. earned after 1.9.21, you’ll be able to access I class seats in Club as well as award seats. Expertflyer will easily show you I availability. In terms of award seats, I use ‘rewardflightfinder.com’ which I guess is similar to seatspy. Good luck.

cotswoldsw
    Participant

There are a few dates with seats in Club out of SFO in March if you’ve only got an old voucher to use…

lhrb777
    Participant

Honestly speaking I wouldn’t waste your Avios on BA First. It’s a marginal upgrade from business at best and probably a downgrade if you happen to snag a Club Suite if they are operating that route. Never thought I’d say it but AA First is probably a better option (albeit no companion voucher option)

john
    Participant

Seatspy site has been beyond terrific. We secured 2 business class seats out of Los Angeles…..hopeful that return will open up as well. Thanks GATES for your amazing recommendation. John

3 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls