BA Avios question

Back to Forum
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

• Anonymous

stevescoots
    Participant

this has been done to death before no doubt, but I cannot see where.

looking at using some avios points for a flight to HK, as we all know getting points flights on BA to Asia is impossible but the BAEC site used to give you the option to search partner airlines, usually giving a CX option and i have used it for both cathay and finnair before. However that seems to have vanished from site options. Is it hidden away somewhere and I am just not seeing it?

TominScotland
    Participant

stevescoots

In my experience, if you use the “search and book a reward flight” option, the system shows availability on other oneworld carriers – in the case of HKG, could be CX, AY, MH, QR or JL

stevescoots
    Participant

thanks,

i see its changed, it used to give you an option to search. now if you look far enough ahead it does it automatically, shows Cathay and Finnair in november…

Bath_VIP
    Participant

Steve,

There was a thread recently about this whole issue where a number of people said that you should use the AA site to research availability and then call BAEC to make the booking. In theory, BA should be showing all the options with partners but in practice, some options are missed out.

BA744fan
    Participant

What dates are you looking for?

A recent contributor suggested http://ba-rewards.timrogers.uk/ which is a genius bit of kit. Lists all dates available up to 355 days ahead.

As you would expect, there is virtually nothing for the next 6 weeks as it is summer holidays but it shows plenty of availability outbound after August. Coming back is a bit more awkward though.

Bullfrog
    Participant

I am going to Hong Kong at the end of September. During June, I managed to get a one way First Class Cathay flight from HKG to LHR using BAEC miles. My outbound flight is an Upper Class flight using Virgin miles, but I am still trying to find a CX flight using miles. As you say, the CX option has suddenly disappeared, but I am still checking regularly.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Business Traveller March 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls