BA. Another erosion of benefits

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

seasonedtraveller
    Participant

As I understand things, (but i may have misunderstood) using Avios for flights within or to and from the USA will cost almost double the required points next year.
    So, the 450,000 Avios in my account are now worth around 250,000 if I choose to use them within the USA….or so I am hearing.

More good news from BA….

Yet another ‘enhancement’ no doubt introduced as a result of customer feedback………

Edited to add – was having some difficulty reading on my phone.

FDOS_UK
    Participant

Dear Mr FDOS

We’re going to be making a change to the Executive Club pricing structure for shorter reward flights originating or terminating within the United States of America. From 2 February 2016, reward flights will start from 7,500 Avios, instead of 4,500 Avios, plus taxes, fees and carrier charges (“TFCs”) from $5.60 USD.

Only those reward flights that currently cost 4,500 Avios for a one way flight in Economy, 9,000 Avios for Business Class and 18,000 Avios for First Class plus TFCs will increase; to 7,500 Avios, 15,000 Avios and 30,000 Avios plus TFCs respectively. All other Avios reward flight pricing will remain the same as it is today.

If you would like to learn more about this change, simply click on the link below.

goldaviator
    Participant

At least they didn’t have the gall to say it was because ‘they had been listening to their customer feedback”

PeterCoultas
    Participant

Was there not a recent offer of 40% off the avios needed for long haul flights – had expected to see a comment here but other things intervened.

There has been another benefit enhancement : with my USA american express card 1000 points can now be exchanged for only 800 avios, not the 1 for 1 as before. Will have to wait for a useful offer!

ontherunhome
    Participant

I also see in the news section that AA are looking to combat the rise of LCC’s with new lower fares, and “less frills” for a cheaper price. Can American coach get any less frills?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls