BA aircraft used in and out of IAD & IAH?

Back to Forum
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

• Anonymous

sparkyflier
    Participant

It looks like I may be travelling from LHR into Washington DC and out of Houston in late September – mid October, probably on BA and most likely World Traveller Plus/premium economy, although there is a chance of Club World.

Does anyone know what specific aircraft types will be used, and also the likely seat plan?

On the flight out (LHR-IAD), BA has a morning flight which uses 744 and a late afternoon (17:00 +) which is listed as a 777, but does anyone know if the 747-400 will be mid J or high J, and is 777 flight ever a 777-300ER as opposed to a 200? Do many of the 772s have the new premium economy seating product?

After a couple of local flights on the return from Houston (IAH) BA has an earlier 747 flight and a later 777, and I have the same questions, will the 777 have the high J or mid J, and the 777 is this often a 773/77W? I have read that this route sometimes gets the bigger and newer 777.

If anyone has experience of these routes or knowledge of what will be used most likely, then your insight would be much appreciated in order to fine tune my travel plans and help make the trip more comfortable and less stressful.

Good morning sparkyflyer

The BA Tracker on the BA Source is excellent.

From what I can see it is usually the 772 but occasionally the 773 to Washington.

And to Houston it always seems to be the 772.

And it’s impossible to tell until you reach the seatmap during the booking process.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Many thanks Alexpo, will look at that later on. About the seat maps, I know some of the travel consultants can see this and who have been very helpful in the past!

Also does anyone know how many of the 772s have the new World Traveller Plus seat installed?

rferguson
    Participant

Hey sparkflyer.

Both the 217 and 194 have High J 747’s showing.

Both the 293 and 196 777-200’s.

sparkyflier
    Participant

Many thanks rferguson. Have many of the 772s been fitted with the new WT+ seat, or am I being hopeful? In my experience, the old seat is good for personal space etc, but not actually that soft or comfortable, but that the new seat is much better.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls