BA A380 short haul flights

Back to Forum
Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

• VintageKrug
    Participant

…and it looks like Manston.

I’m still pretty certain there will be some MAD rotations, too.

joeash8
    Participant

No matter what short haul route is flown initially no A380 operator has operated first class on their ‘training’ flights so far. With the A380 CW layout adopted by BA there will bound to be delays with the service aswell, which in any case would only be CE catering. I would suggest you put your avios to better use.

Speedbird_ABZ
    Participant

I was told by “crew with hats” last night that it is definitely Madrid. Suits me!

UWSTony
    Participant

When the 777 was new to BA, at least one of their training routes was LHR-ORY.

BA744fan
    Participant

Maybe BA will do training flights to more than one destination. Whilst MAD seems to be the bookies favourite, there has been a lot of talk about FRA as well. Two daily round trips to the same destination is going to result in over capacity and whilst the primary objective is crew training, BA aren’t going to want to fly planes with a lot of empty seats.

Freedom1
    Participant

I had confirmation from someone at BA (top secret of course) that training flights will be to FRA !!

sparkyflier
    Participant

BCN would also be ideal, they could easily replace 2 A320 flights leaving within half an hour of each other with one A380.

Freedom1
    Participant

FRA only im afraid!!!

Drumochter
    Participant

“BCN would also be ideal”

This could be a possibility as almost certainly El Prat will be the destination alternate for Madrid, if Barajas is indeed selected.

sparkyflier
    Participant

But FRA would be idea, especially as I am sure BA will want to “model” their newest produtcs to a key target market for long haul flights. Probably a more lucrative market than Spain these days I cannot see why MAD, BCN, FRA and maybe Nice cannot all be served, especially when there are 2 in the fleet.

Freedom1
    Participant

I know you guys have no reason to believe me, but i assure you its FRA only !

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls