BA A380 – main or upper deck?

Back to Forum
Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)

• BigDog.
    Participant

Krughandles – Please reflect on your own behaviour before attacking others. There is abundant evidence of you manipulating threads, bumping, deleting & reposting, major editing etc. You also print misinformation, whether it is from your own lack of experience with the vast majority of major carriers or because of your lack of knowledge generally (eg Gatwick runway development) or desire to market BA fiction regardless of the reality.

And let us not mention you trying to blame BASSA for not posting trip reports – for 6 years – despite having apparently earned millions upon millions of FFP miles.

All of this manipulative behaviour of yours impacts on your credibility, unfortunately as you spend so much time being the most prolific poster, here and elsewhere, it also impacts on the integrity of the forum.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

@ BigDog. – 09/06/2013 20:37 GMT

Rookie mistake from me – I fed the troll……

Moving on!

Rgds.
    AOTG.

VintageKrug
    Participant

The low level of debate, evidenced in this futile diversion, littered with unprovoked personal attacks, is reducing the forum to puerile inanity.

I would remind you, BigDog, that I have posted several Trip Reports on the main forum, and one on the Trip Reports section, you have posted…er…not one.

http://www.businesstraveller.com/members/BigDog./content/seatplans-reviews

“BigDog. hasn’t added any SeatPlans reviews yet.”

The worst sort of bullying hypocrisy.

esselle
    Participant

VK

Not sure I have seen a reply. Have you flown an A380 yet or not?

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Well, I don’t know, I go on holiday for a month during which time I didn’t have an opportunity to read the forum though a quick scan of it shows some interesting posts and the KrugHandles playing their usual manipulative games, the same ones that got them banned from FlyerTalk years ago.

I come back and make a few points that are pertinent to the ongoing debate and all of a sudden all that is wrong is my fault yet again. I think the trouble is that I keep hitting the nail on the head at least where the KrugHandles are concerned and of course pointing out to Bucksnet that he’s wrong when he keeps trotting out the same arguments about the EK A380 as he has for months which are wrong is seen as inflammatory by the KrugHandles who haven’t been on the EK A380 either but clearly know all about it.

I’ve been subject to abuse by the KrugHandles for a long time, almost from my first post and at one time it bothered me, now I just know how stupid he is and what a sad little life he leads with nothing other to do than try to control this forum through the use of multiple handles and bumped posts, a typical example of which was posted this afternoon on lounge experiences of the past. The relevance of that to business travel today is none but there must have been a topic that needed to be got out of sight which is usually why these old things which none of the rest of us would remember and if we did we wouldn’t have time to dig them out, let alone post the same old same old complete with links time and again as we are too busy getting on with real lives.

Now Krug, get back to your version of SimCity with the airport add on and leave the rest of us in peace.

AllOverTheGaff
    Participant

http://www.businesstraveller.com/tried-and-tested/airlines/emirates/emirates-a380-800-business-class-2

THE SEAT First and business class on Emirates’ A380 are located on the upper deck – turn left for first and right for business. There are 76 business seats across two cabins, in an alternating 1-2-1 layout that gives everyone direct aisle access. Window seats are A and K, aisle seats are B, D, G and J, and middle seats are E and F. Rows are numbered six to 21 – there is no row 13 – and then 22 to 26. Six and eight have aisle seats, seven and nine have window/middle seats, and so on. (For a seat plan, click here.) I was in window seat 9A. Behind row 26 is a lounge with a manned semi-circular bar, curving sofas on either side, a flatscreen TV, standing room and snacks such as nuts, tortilla chips and cocktail sandwiches.

As you would expect, Emirates’ A380 seat is its most advanced and luxurious, in a fixed shell design with a seat surround to the right or left housing a range of features. The seat is upholstered in light grey leather with a brown and blue patterned fabric down the middle, and dark grey leather armrests. It meets with a footstool in front (built into the surround of the seat ahead) to recline to a fully-flat bed. Above that is a magazine rack, a 10-inch touchscreen in-flight entertainment (IFE) screen, an IFE control, in-seat power and two USB ports. A table folds out of the seat surround. The surround itself has a tabletop big enough to place your laptop on while you are eating, or your food tray if you have finished eating and want to get on with work. There is also a removable panel that you can use to control the IFE, the seat and the privacy screen.

There are three presets for the seat – upright, lounge and bed – and you can adjust the headrest, footrest and lumbar support. You can also save your preferred setting. There is a range of massage functions too. The seat surround also has a minibar with still and sparkling water, tomato juice, coke and lemonade, a couple of small storage spaces (one had a pack with socks and an eye mask in – this being a day flight, no amenity kit was provided), more buttons to adjust the seat, and a reading light. In addition, window seats have large storage bins along the wall. A mattress and blanket were in one of these. A pillow and noise-cancelling earphones are also provided.

But the reviewer didn’t have a photograph found on the internet to dispute their findings on-board.

Rgds.
    AOTG.

esselle
    Participant

Did anybody see a reply from VK as to his experience actually flying on an A380? I may have missed it.

Bucksnet
    Participant

HT, you say you keep pointing out that I am wrong, so please post a calm and clear explanation of why I’m wrong and you’re right.

Just saying you’re right and I’m wrong, plus making personal attacks, is simply not good enough.

LeTigre
    Participant

I appeal to the administrators to delete this thread, or in respect to those who started on the relevant subject, only delete the last thirty posts or so.

Henkel.Trocken
    Participant

Bucksnet – 09/06/2013 21:13 GMT

I’ve seen it, sat in it and travelled close on a million miles in it.

Have you?

I thought not. Please stop posting nonsense about something you have never experienced.

BA744fan
    Participant

As the author of this thread I thought I might be able to delete it. Alas not, so I support the request for the whole thread to be deleted.

I asked a very simple question about which deck to select a seat on. I got a dozen sensible answers and 70+ that were nothing more than a slanging match.

Quite honestly, I expected slightly more from what is meant to be a forum for business travellers to share their experiences, not hurl abuse at one another.

Bucksnet
    Participant

I’m not posting nonsense. There is simply no need for this type of language.

You need to back up what you say with references, photos or links. Anything but the I’ve been there and got the t-shirt type of argument. The rest of us don’t know what you’ve done, so please tell us something better.

If I had experienced it, and made a claim to others, I would be backing up my claim with whatever I could find to support it. Please do the same.

Bucksnet
    Participant

BA744fan, I am not hurling abuse at anyone. I was simply trying to explain the good points of the BA offering over the EK offering, which is an acceptable discussion in a business travel forum.

Other posters have resorted to what we’ve seen, instead of just explaining their position in clear and plain English. I have remained calm throughout and tried my best to explain, with references, but others resort to abuse.

BA744fan
    Participant

Bucksnet – your input is noted and appreciated.

Bucksnet
    Participant

Thank you!

Viewing 15 posts - 76 through 90 (of 104 total)
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
The cover of the Business Traveller April 2024 edition
Be up-to-date
Magazine Subscription
To see our latest subscription offers for Business Traveller editions worldwide, click on the Subscribe & Save link below
Polls